WATERFORD – On May 12 Keith Rocco missed the SK Modified feature at the Waterford Speedbowl so he could compete in a NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour event at Monadnock Speedway in Winchester, N.H.
Rocco, of Wallingford, held off Rob Janovic Jr. over the final five laps to win the 35-lap NASCAR Whelen All-American Series SK Modified feature at Waterford.
It was the fifth victory in seven events this year at Waterford for Rocco, who has won the division’s championship the last two years.
Janovic, of Waterford, held on for second. Jeff Rocco of Wallingford, Keith’s twin brother, was third.
“Picked right up where we left off,” Keith Rocco said. “We’ve got a great car down here and the whole combination is good.
Despite missing an event, Keith Rocco sits one point behind Tyler Chadwick in the standings. He will miss one more event this year because of a conflict with a Whelen Modified Tour event.
“We’ve got some ground to make up now,” he said.
Rocco used the outside lane for much of the race to move up through the field and then used the outside lane to pass Janovic for the lead with 11 laps left.
“It was pretty good out there,” Keith Rocco said. “I got out front and I even ran up top.”
It marked the first time that the Rocco brothers finished together in the top three of an SK Modified race. Jeff Rocco is in his first season running full-time in the division.
“It’s always great finishing on the podium with your brother,” Keith Rocco said.
Jeff Rocco led the race early, but was passed by Janovic for the lead and by his brother for second when he slid sideways on a restart with 17 laps remaining.
“I need to practice on my shifting a little more during the week,” Jeff Rocco said. “I missed a shift on that one. I don’t know if I would have been able to hold these guys off, they’re pretty good. I’m happy with a top-three.”
Keith Rocco also won the 30-lap Late Model feature. Anthony Flannery of East Hampton was second and Bruce Thomas Jr. of Groton third.
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --
- Moving Out At The Hartford Courant But Sticking Around In Racing
- Rowan Pennink Scores Valenti Modified Racing Series Victory Sunday At Thompson
- Pained Win: Ryan Preece Left Frustrated Despite SK Modified Victory At Thompson Sunday
- Back To The Front For Keith Rocco In SK Modified Saturday At The Waterford Speedbowl
- Ken Cassidy Jr. Keeps Rolling In Waterford Mini Stocks; Seventh Win In Eight Races
- staffordkid on Pained Win: Ryan Preece Left Frustrated Despite SK Modified Victory At Thompson Sunday
- Kayman on Rowan Pennink Scores Valenti Modified Racing Series Victory Sunday At Thompson
- Anthony on Pained Win: Ryan Preece Left Frustrated Despite SK Modified Victory At Thompson Sunday
- Jerry on Woody Pitkat Declared SK Mod Winner At Stafford After Final Lap Ryan Preece-Keith Rocco Fireworks
- karter on Woody Pitkat Declared SK Mod Winner At Stafford After Final Lap Ryan Preece-Keith Rocco Fireworks
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --