The time has come to really say goodbye, and get ready to say hello again very soon.
On Sunday I had my final newspaper assignment for the Hartford Courant. Eighteen years and eight months of working at The Courant came to a close with an absolute mess of a wreck-marred Valenti Modified Racing Series [...]
THOMPSON – With his race winning SK Modified preparing for inspection at Thompson International Speedway, Ryan Preece shook his head in disdain.
Preece took the trophy as the winner of the 30-lap NASCAR Whelen All-American Series SK Modified feature Sunday at Thompson International Speedway, but [...]
STAFFORD – Woody Pitkat may not have taken the checkered flag leading the race at the finish of the SK Modified feature Friday at Stafford Motor Speedway, but he gladly left the track with the winner’s trophy for the race.
STAFFORD – On May 11, Mark St. Hilaire left Stafford Motor Speedway with his racecar bent and in pieces after a hard wreck in the Late Model feature.
One event, an abbreviated one at that, was all David Hill needed to see to know he found the driver he wants in his family’s Hillbilly Racing NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour car.
Ryan Preece has been the master of the opening act of NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour events in 2012.
Saturday at Monadnock Speedway in Winchester, N.H. he showed he can close just as well.
Preece, of Berlin, held off Doug Coby to win the Whelen Modified Tour Monadnock 200 at Monadnock Speedway.
It was the fourth [...]
The mastery of NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour qualifying for Ryan Preece and his Flamingo Motorsports team continued Saturday at Monadnock Speedway in Winchester, N.H.
STAFFORD – Getting through a restart clean with a broken transmission is a feat no racecar driver wants to think about dealing with.
Friday at Stafford Motor Speedway, Eric Berndt lived the [...]
STAFFORD – JJ Hill may have inherited a lead, but nobody could say he was given anything Friday night at Stafford Motor Speedway.
Mike Quintiliano of Shelton was second and Adam [...]
STAFFORD – The learning curve in the Limited Late Model division for Josh Wood at Stafford Motor Speedway has actually had little curve at all. It’s been a straight line directly to victory lane.
For race fans wondering what the view is like on track from the seat of an SK Modified, Stafford Motor Speedway has the perfect package to make that wonder reality.
There’s been no slowing C.E. Falk out of the gate around Virginia’s short tracks this year and that smoking start to the season has landed the Norfolk Beach, Va. driver at the top of the May edition of the NASCAR Hunter Index power poll.
Weather forecast woes will force fans to wait another week to get their Friday fix of racing at Stafford Motor Speedway in 2012.
STAFFORD – Doug Coby kept an extra souvenir to help him remember his second career Tech-Net Spring Sizzler 200 NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour victory Sunday at Stafford Motor Speedway.
Coby will keep a piece of paper with the winning trophy, a piece of paper that nearly ruined an almost perfect day for him. A wrapper [...]
STAFFORD – It’s fair to say Keith Rocco is a polarizing figure in the Southern New England Modified racing circles. Rocco stands as one of those love him or hate him individuals. There’s usually no middle ground.
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --
- Moving Out At The Hartford Courant But Sticking Around In Racing
- Rowan Pennink Scores Valenti Modified Racing Series Victory Sunday At Thompson
- Pained Win: Ryan Preece Left Frustrated Despite SK Modified Victory At Thompson Sunday
- Back To The Front For Keith Rocco In SK Modified Saturday At The Waterford Speedbowl
- Ken Cassidy Jr. Keeps Rolling In Waterford Mini Stocks; Seventh Win In Eight Races
- staffordkid on Pained Win: Ryan Preece Left Frustrated Despite SK Modified Victory At Thompson Sunday
- Kayman on Rowan Pennink Scores Valenti Modified Racing Series Victory Sunday At Thompson
- Anthony on Pained Win: Ryan Preece Left Frustrated Despite SK Modified Victory At Thompson Sunday
- Jerry on Woody Pitkat Declared SK Mod Winner At Stafford After Final Lap Ryan Preece-Keith Rocco Fireworks
- karter on Woody Pitkat Declared SK Mod Winner At Stafford After Final Lap Ryan Preece-Keith Rocco Fireworks
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --