The time has come to really say goodbye, and get ready to say hello again very soon.
On Sunday I had my final newspaper assignment for the Hartford Courant. Eighteen years and eight months of working at The Courant came to a close with an absolute mess of a wreck-marred Valenti Modified Racing Series [...]
THOMPSON – On April 15 at Thompson International Speedway, Rowan Pennink had what looked to be shaping up as a great start to his season on the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour.
One event, an abbreviated one at that, was all David Hill needed to see to know he found the driver he wants in his family’s Hillbilly Racing NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour car.
WATERFORD – A new relationship between car owner and driver blossomed in perfect splendor for Art Barry and Jon McKennedy Sunday at the Waterford Speedbowl.
WATERFORD – It’s a debate that has annually thrived in the Modified racing community as the Valenti Modified Racing Series has grown in stature over the last decade.
On the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour, time trial qualifying has long been the standard for setting the field for feature [...]
WATERFORD – The 2012 Valenti Modified Racing Series season will open with Rob Goodenough of Swanzey, N.H. leading the field to green in Sunday’s 100-lap feature at Bud Blastoff Weekend at the Waterford Speedbowl.
WATERFORD – Paging Juan Pablo Montoya, Mr. Montoya please pick up the red line.
Now if they could just get Montoya to come over and start a bonfire like he did at the Daytona 500 and [...]
If 2012 proves to be the last year before a break from racing for Richie Pallai Jr., he’s going to make sure he gets the most out of it.
Overextended is not a word in Keith Rocco’s vocabulary, at least not when it comes to being behind the wheel for short track competition.
A few weeks ago, Rocco expected to run [...]
With just a few weeks remaining until the local racing season gets under way for 2012, local tracks will be on showcase this weekend in Hartford during the 53rd Frank Maratta’s Auto and Cycle Show at the Connecticut Convention Center in Hartford.
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --
- Moving Out At The Hartford Courant But Sticking Around In Racing
- Rowan Pennink Scores Valenti Modified Racing Series Victory Sunday At Thompson
- Pained Win: Ryan Preece Left Frustrated Despite SK Modified Victory At Thompson Sunday
- Back To The Front For Keith Rocco In SK Modified Saturday At The Waterford Speedbowl
- Ken Cassidy Jr. Keeps Rolling In Waterford Mini Stocks; Seventh Win In Eight Races
- staffordkid on Pained Win: Ryan Preece Left Frustrated Despite SK Modified Victory At Thompson Sunday
- Kayman on Rowan Pennink Scores Valenti Modified Racing Series Victory Sunday At Thompson
- Anthony on Pained Win: Ryan Preece Left Frustrated Despite SK Modified Victory At Thompson Sunday
- Jerry on Woody Pitkat Declared SK Mod Winner At Stafford After Final Lap Ryan Preece-Keith Rocco Fireworks
- karter on Woody Pitkat Declared SK Mod Winner At Stafford After Final Lap Ryan Preece-Keith Rocco Fireworks
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --