The time has come to really say goodbye, and get ready to say hello again very soon.
On Sunday I had my final newspaper assignment for the Hartford Courant. Eighteen years and eight months of working at The Courant came to a close with an absolute mess of a wreck-marred Valenti Modified Racing Series [...]
THOMPSON – On April 15 at Thompson International Speedway, Rowan Pennink had what looked to be shaping up as a great start to his season on the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour.
WATERFORD – On May 12 Keith Rocco missed the SK Modified feature at the Waterford Speedbowl so he could compete in a NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour event at Monadnock Speedway in Winchester, N.H.
Rocco, of Wallingford, held off [...]
WATERFORD – The goal for Ken Cassidy Jr. this year is a NASCAR Whelen All-American Series Division IV short track national championship, and thus far the mission is going well.
For the seventh time in eight events this year it was Cassidy, of Lisbon, celebrating in victory lane Saturday following [...]
STAFFORD – On May 11, Mark St. Hilaire left Stafford Motor Speedway with his racecar bent and in pieces after a hard wreck in the Late Model feature.
Officials from the Waterford Speedbowl learned Thursday from bankruptcy court in Hartford that they have emerged from the Chapter 11 bankruptcy the track filed for about two and a half years ago.
Clearing the fence is hardly something any driver wants to think about when behind the wheel of a racecar.
But Saturday night at the Waterford Speedbowl, clearing the fences will be the top priority on the minds of drivers when the step into the batter’s box at the Waterford Speedbowl.
Ten drivers and 10 randomly [...]
One event, an abbreviated one at that, was all David Hill needed to see to know he found the driver he wants in his family’s Hillbilly Racing NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour car.
WATERFORD – Tyler Chadwick wasn’t worried about who wasn’t at the Waterford Speedbowl on Saturday night, all he cared about was who was there to beat, and he beat them all.
WATERFORD – It must be the wax.
For the sixth time in seven events this year it was Cassidy, of Lisbon, celebrating in victory lane following the 25-lap Mini Stock feature [...]
WATERFORD – Jeff Smith has a reputation as one of the cleaner drivers at the Waterford Speedbowl.
In a full contact battle over the final two laps, Smith came out on top of a dramatic duel with Dillon [...]
WATERFORD – Greg Stoehr inherited the lead with 17 laps remaining and never let go.
Stoehr drove away from Randy Cabral over the closing laps to easily win the 30-lap Northeastern Midget Association Marvin Rifchin Trophy race at the NEMA’s 60th Anniversary celebration Saturday at the Waterford Speedbowl.
Stoehr, of Bridgewater, Mass., far behind [...]
WATERFORD – By time the dust settled Saturday night at the Waterford Speedbowl, Keith Rocco’s SK Modified looked like somebody had rammed it with a wrecking ball.
Rocco, of Wallingford, rallied in dramatic fashion from an early wreck [...]
WATERFORD – The all-time winningest driver of the Mini Stock division at the Waterford Speedbowl is making a business of putting on dramatic performances in 2012.
Saturday Cassidy kept his 2012 domination of the [...]
There’s been no slowing C.E. Falk out of the gate around Virginia’s short tracks this year and that smoking start to the season has landed the Norfolk Beach, Va. driver at the top of the May edition of the NASCAR Hunter Index power poll.
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --
- Moving Out At The Hartford Courant But Sticking Around In Racing
- Rowan Pennink Scores Valenti Modified Racing Series Victory Sunday At Thompson
- Pained Win: Ryan Preece Left Frustrated Despite SK Modified Victory At Thompson Sunday
- Back To The Front For Keith Rocco In SK Modified Saturday At The Waterford Speedbowl
- Ken Cassidy Jr. Keeps Rolling In Waterford Mini Stocks; Seventh Win In Eight Races
- staffordkid on Pained Win: Ryan Preece Left Frustrated Despite SK Modified Victory At Thompson Sunday
- Kayman on Rowan Pennink Scores Valenti Modified Racing Series Victory Sunday At Thompson
- Anthony on Pained Win: Ryan Preece Left Frustrated Despite SK Modified Victory At Thompson Sunday
- Jerry on Woody Pitkat Declared SK Mod Winner At Stafford After Final Lap Ryan Preece-Keith Rocco Fireworks
- karter on Woody Pitkat Declared SK Mod Winner At Stafford After Final Lap Ryan Preece-Keith Rocco Fireworks
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --