The time has come to really say goodbye, and get ready to say hello again very soon.
On Sunday I had my final newspaper assignment for the Hartford Courant. Eighteen years and eight months of working at The Courant came to a close with an absolute mess of a wreck-marred Valenti Modified Racing Series [...]
THOMPSON – On April 15 at Thompson International Speedway, Rowan Pennink had what looked to be shaping up as a great start to his season on the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour.
WATERFORD – On May 12 Keith Rocco missed the SK Modified feature at the Waterford Speedbowl so he could compete in a NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour event at Monadnock Speedway in Winchester, N.H.
Rocco, of Wallingford, held off [...]
One event, an abbreviated one at that, was all David Hill needed to see to know he found the driver he wants in his family’s Hillbilly Racing NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour car.
WATERFORD – Tyler Chadwick wasn’t worried about who wasn’t at the Waterford Speedbowl on Saturday night, all he cared about was who was there to beat, and he beat them all.
Ryan Preece has been the master of the opening act of NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour events in 2012.
Saturday at Monadnock Speedway in Winchester, N.H. he showed he can close just as well.
Preece, of Berlin, held off Doug Coby to win the Whelen Modified Tour Monadnock 200 at Monadnock Speedway.
It was the fourth [...]
The mastery of NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour qualifying for Ryan Preece and his Flamingo Motorsports team continued Saturday at Monadnock Speedway in Winchester, N.H.
There’s been no slowing C.E. Falk out of the gate around Virginia’s short tracks this year and that smoking start to the season has landed the Norfolk Beach, Va. driver at the top of the May edition of the NASCAR Hunter Index power poll.
STAFFORD – Doug Coby kept an extra souvenir to help him remember his second career Tech-Net Spring Sizzler 200 NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour victory Sunday at Stafford Motor Speedway.
Coby will keep a piece of paper with the winning trophy, a piece of paper that nearly ruined an almost perfect day for him. A wrapper [...]
STAFFORD – It’s fair to say Keith Rocco is a polarizing figure in the Southern New England Modified racing circles. Rocco stands as one of those love him or hate him individuals. There’s usually no middle ground.
STAFFORD – Talk to Ryan Preece for any amount of time and its clear within minutes that there’s no shortage of optimistic giddiness coming from the 21-year old driver from Berlin.
STAFFORD – Doug Coby may not have a stockpile of NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour victories on his resume, but the Milford driver is showing he knows how to collect the big check in the historic events.
Coby made the most of a dominant car Sunday by running away with victory in the Whelen Modified Tour [...]
STAFFORD – The bad news for Ted Christopher? He grudgingly admitted he still has some work to do to get his SK Modified ride up to his liking at Stafford Motor Speedway.
STAFFORD – A little parental pressure worked wonders Saturday for second-year SK Light Modified division competitor Dylan Kopec.
Kopec, of Palmer, Mass., held off Zach Aszklar to win the 20-lap SK Light Modified feature Saturday at Stafford Motor Speedway. It was the first career victory in the division for Kopec, who had a struggle [...]
STAFFORD – On March 5, 2010 Corey LaJoie won at Atlanta Motor Speedway in his debut event on the NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour.
LaJoie will make his NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour debut from the front row of Sunday’s Tech-Net Spring [...]
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --
- Moving Out At The Hartford Courant But Sticking Around In Racing
- Rowan Pennink Scores Valenti Modified Racing Series Victory Sunday At Thompson
- Pained Win: Ryan Preece Left Frustrated Despite SK Modified Victory At Thompson Sunday
- Back To The Front For Keith Rocco In SK Modified Saturday At The Waterford Speedbowl
- Ken Cassidy Jr. Keeps Rolling In Waterford Mini Stocks; Seventh Win In Eight Races
- staffordkid on Pained Win: Ryan Preece Left Frustrated Despite SK Modified Victory At Thompson Sunday
- Kayman on Rowan Pennink Scores Valenti Modified Racing Series Victory Sunday At Thompson
- Anthony on Pained Win: Ryan Preece Left Frustrated Despite SK Modified Victory At Thompson Sunday
- Jerry on Woody Pitkat Declared SK Mod Winner At Stafford After Final Lap Ryan Preece-Keith Rocco Fireworks
- karter on Woody Pitkat Declared SK Mod Winner At Stafford After Final Lap Ryan Preece-Keith Rocco Fireworks
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --