Ryan Preece has been the master of the opening act of NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour events in 2012.
Saturday at Monadnock Speedway in Winchester, N.H. he showed he can close just as well.
Preece, of Berlin, held off Doug Coby to win the Whelen Modified Tour Monadnock 200 at Monadnock Speedway.
It was the fourth career victory in 70 Whelen Modified Tour starts for Preece dating back to 2007 and his first win since 2009. It was also his first win driving for team owner Eric Sanderson’s Flamingo Motorsports organization.
“It feels good,” Preece said. “We had the car to win tonight, I just had to do what I had to do and I did that and we got the job done. We’re ready to go with this team. I’m very fortunate to be with such a great great team.”
Coby, of Milford, was second and Todd Szegedy of Ridgefield third.
Preece replaced seven-time series champion Mike Stefanik with the team before the final race of the 2011 season. He won the pole in his first event with the team and subsequently won the first three poles of this season, in the process setting track qualifying records at Stafford Motor Speedway and Monadnock.
Preece led every lap on the way to victory.
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --
- Moving Out At The Hartford Courant But Sticking Around In Racing
- Rowan Pennink Scores Valenti Modified Racing Series Victory Sunday At Thompson
- Pained Win: Ryan Preece Left Frustrated Despite SK Modified Victory At Thompson Sunday
- Back To The Front For Keith Rocco In SK Modified Saturday At The Waterford Speedbowl
- Ken Cassidy Jr. Keeps Rolling In Waterford Mini Stocks; Seventh Win In Eight Races
- staffordkid on Pained Win: Ryan Preece Left Frustrated Despite SK Modified Victory At Thompson Sunday
- Kayman on Rowan Pennink Scores Valenti Modified Racing Series Victory Sunday At Thompson
- Anthony on Pained Win: Ryan Preece Left Frustrated Despite SK Modified Victory At Thompson Sunday
- Jerry on Woody Pitkat Declared SK Mod Winner At Stafford After Final Lap Ryan Preece-Keith Rocco Fireworks
- karter on Woody Pitkat Declared SK Mod Winner At Stafford After Final Lap Ryan Preece-Keith Rocco Fireworks
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --