WATERFORD – For a long time restarts at the front were like a horror story for Tyler Chadwick.
Chadwick, of Ledyard, beat Nichole Morgillo on a restart with 26 laps remaining and never trailed again on the way to victory in the 35-lap NASCAR Whelen All-American Series SK Modified feature Saturday at Waterford.
“I knew before the restart that I just had to get a dynamite restart,” Chadwick said. “I struggled most of my whole career with restarts and we’ve really been trying to work on that the last couple years and I feel like I’ve made big improvements. I knew I just had to time it out perfect.
“She went right at the line and I just got that good run and then I knew if I had enough run into turn one I could clear her off [turn two] and smooth sail, which I wanted to do because my car was really good when I was using the whole track. I just knew I had to get her as fast possible. You don’t want to be [in the outside lane] for too long.”
It was the first victory of the season for Chadwick. Diego Monahan of Quaker Hill was a distant second and Kyle James of Ashway, R.I. third.
“Tyler had a really stout car,” Monahan said. “We just didn’t have it tonight.”
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --
- Moving Out At The Hartford Courant But Sticking Around In Racing
- Rowan Pennink Scores Valenti Modified Racing Series Victory Sunday At Thompson
- Pained Win: Ryan Preece Left Frustrated Despite SK Modified Victory At Thompson Sunday
- Back To The Front For Keith Rocco In SK Modified Saturday At The Waterford Speedbowl
- Ken Cassidy Jr. Keeps Rolling In Waterford Mini Stocks; Seventh Win In Eight Races
- staffordkid on Pained Win: Ryan Preece Left Frustrated Despite SK Modified Victory At Thompson Sunday
- Kayman on Rowan Pennink Scores Valenti Modified Racing Series Victory Sunday At Thompson
- Anthony on Pained Win: Ryan Preece Left Frustrated Despite SK Modified Victory At Thompson Sunday
- Jerry on Woody Pitkat Declared SK Mod Winner At Stafford After Final Lap Ryan Preece-Keith Rocco Fireworks
- karter on Woody Pitkat Declared SK Mod Winner At Stafford After Final Lap Ryan Preece-Keith Rocco Fireworks
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --