Overextended is not a word in Keith Rocco’s vocabulary, at least not when it comes to being behind the wheel for short track competition.
A few weeks ago, Rocco expected to run a very limited schedule in an SK Modified this season at Thompson International Speedway. Now those expectations have changed. Rocco, of Wallingford, said Tuesday that he will run nearly full-time in an SK Modified for Thompson’s weekly Thursday night events for the Johnson Brothers Propane Plus No. 4 team.Rick Fuller competed in the car for the team last year.
“We’ll probably run about 75 percent of the events there with them,” said Rocco, who won the SK Modified championship at the track in 2011 driving for Mike and Mark Pane. “I’d really like to get these guys some wins and get that car running up front every week.”
Rocco, the 2010 NASCAR Whelen All-American Series national champion, will need a full-time schedule organizer to keep up with his seats this year.
He will compete full-time on the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour for Boehler Racing Enterprises. He will also compete in at least six of the 15 events on the Valenti Modified Racing Series for a team owned by himself and the Pane Brothers. Away from the touring divisions,
Rocco will also compete weekly at Stafford Motor Speedway on Friday nights in the SK Modified division and the Late Model division. At the Waterford Speedbowl Rocco will compete in the SK Modified division and the Late Model division in all events at the track that don’t conflict with Modified Tour events (expected to be all but two shows).
“It’s never too much,” Rocco said. “I wish I could find something for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.” Rocco said. “The SK stuff is always big for me, everybody knows that. To throw in all the other stuff. I’m really just excited for the season to get started.”
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --
- Moving Out At The Hartford Courant But Sticking Around In Racing
- Rowan Pennink Scores Valenti Modified Racing Series Victory Sunday At Thompson
- Pained Win: Ryan Preece Left Frustrated Despite SK Modified Victory At Thompson Sunday
- Back To The Front For Keith Rocco In SK Modified Saturday At The Waterford Speedbowl
- Ken Cassidy Jr. Keeps Rolling In Waterford Mini Stocks; Seventh Win In Eight Races
- staffordkid on Pained Win: Ryan Preece Left Frustrated Despite SK Modified Victory At Thompson Sunday
- Kayman on Rowan Pennink Scores Valenti Modified Racing Series Victory Sunday At Thompson
- Anthony on Pained Win: Ryan Preece Left Frustrated Despite SK Modified Victory At Thompson Sunday
- Jerry on Woody Pitkat Declared SK Mod Winner At Stafford After Final Lap Ryan Preece-Keith Rocco Fireworks
- karter on Woody Pitkat Declared SK Mod Winner At Stafford After Final Lap Ryan Preece-Keith Rocco Fireworks
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --