Keith Rocco put the rush job on to get from Thompson International Speedway to the Waterford Speedbowl Saturday night and it paid off.
It was the second victory in three SK Modified events this season at Waterford for Rocco. He won the season opening event on April 1. On April 8 Rocco was running second and looking to make a pass for the lead during the SK Modified feature when contact between he and Justin Gaydosh at the front sent Rocco to the pits with a flat tire.
Abele, of Norwich, ended up second and Rob Janovic Jr. of Waterford was third.
Before competing at Waterford, Rocco qualified fourth for Sunday’s NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour Icebreaker 150 at Thompson International Speedway. He will make his debut with Boehler Racing Enterprises Sunday at Thompson.
In the 25-lap Mini Stock feature, Ken Cassidy Jr. of Lisbon won for the third time in three events this year. Sean Caron of East Hampton was second and Charles Canfield of New Haven third.
Chris Meyer of North Franklin won the 25-lap Street Stock feature. Dan Darnstaedt of Durham was second and Josh Galvin of Franklin third. In the 25-lap SK Light Modified feature it was Tyler Jackson scoring the victory. Shayne Prucker of Stafford was second and Paul French of Andover third.
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --
- Moving Out At The Hartford Courant But Sticking Around In Racing
- Rowan Pennink Scores Valenti Modified Racing Series Victory Sunday At Thompson
- Pained Win: Ryan Preece Left Frustrated Despite SK Modified Victory At Thompson Sunday
- Back To The Front For Keith Rocco In SK Modified Saturday At The Waterford Speedbowl
- Ken Cassidy Jr. Keeps Rolling In Waterford Mini Stocks; Seventh Win In Eight Races
- staffordkid on Pained Win: Ryan Preece Left Frustrated Despite SK Modified Victory At Thompson Sunday
- Kayman on Rowan Pennink Scores Valenti Modified Racing Series Victory Sunday At Thompson
- Anthony on Pained Win: Ryan Preece Left Frustrated Despite SK Modified Victory At Thompson Sunday
- Jerry on Woody Pitkat Declared SK Mod Winner At Stafford After Final Lap Ryan Preece-Keith Rocco Fireworks
- karter on Woody Pitkat Declared SK Mod Winner At Stafford After Final Lap Ryan Preece-Keith Rocco Fireworks
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --