WATERFORD – The all-time winningest driver of the Mini Stock division at the Waterford Speedbowl is making a business of putting on dramatic performances in 2012.
Saturday Cassidy kept his 2012 domination of the division going with another attention grabbing show.
Cassidy used some outside lane dramatics to pass Bill Leonard for the lead with five laps remaining and then held on to win the 25-lap Mini Stock feature.
It was the fifth victory in six events this year for Cassidy, of Lebanon.
“This car has been so awesome and the competitors have been so good,” Cassidy said. “Everybody is treating everyone with so much respect so we can actually put on a good race.
Leonard, of Wood River Junction, R.I., held on for second and Ray Christian III of Norwich was third.
“I’m coming from the back and we’ve put on a couple good shows here along the way,” Cassidy said. “That’s what the fans want. Nobody wants to see somebody stinking up the show every week. I’ve been to races and watched people just pull away and it stinks. But they’re making me work for it, they’re not giving them to me.”
It was the 36th career victory in the division for Cassidy.
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --
- Moving Out At The Hartford Courant But Sticking Around In Racing
- Rowan Pennink Scores Valenti Modified Racing Series Victory Sunday At Thompson
- Pained Win: Ryan Preece Left Frustrated Despite SK Modified Victory At Thompson Sunday
- Back To The Front For Keith Rocco In SK Modified Saturday At The Waterford Speedbowl
- Ken Cassidy Jr. Keeps Rolling In Waterford Mini Stocks; Seventh Win In Eight Races
- staffordkid on Pained Win: Ryan Preece Left Frustrated Despite SK Modified Victory At Thompson Sunday
- Kayman on Rowan Pennink Scores Valenti Modified Racing Series Victory Sunday At Thompson
- Anthony on Pained Win: Ryan Preece Left Frustrated Despite SK Modified Victory At Thompson Sunday
- Jerry on Woody Pitkat Declared SK Mod Winner At Stafford After Final Lap Ryan Preece-Keith Rocco Fireworks
- karter on Woody Pitkat Declared SK Mod Winner At Stafford After Final Lap Ryan Preece-Keith Rocco Fireworks
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --