With just a few weeks remaining until the local racing season gets under way for 2012, local tracks will be on showcase this weekend in Hartford during the 53rd Frank Maratta’s Auto and Cycle Show at the Connecticut Convention Center in Hartford.
NASCAR Whelen All-American Series sanctioned tracks Stafford Motor Speedway, the Waterford Speedbowl and Thompson International Speedway will all have displays at the Motorsports Expo section of the Maratta Auto Show.
Lime Rock Park from Salisbury and New Hampshire Motor Speedway from Loudon will also be represented at the show along with the Valenti Modified Racing Series, which competes at all three short tracks in Connecticut.
The show runs Friday from 5 p.m. – 11 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m. – 10 p.m. and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission for adults is $15. Children 8-12 will be admitted for $7.50 and kids seven and under are admitted free.
The Motorsports Expo will feature an autograph session. Local drivers expected to be part of the autograph session include: Kaitlyn Brice, Matt Galko, Nichole Morgillo, Richie Pallai Jr., Tony Membrino Jr., Kevin Gambacorta, David Arute, JJ Hill, Todd Owen, Dylan Liseo, and Jeff Gallup.
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --
- Moving Out At The Hartford Courant But Sticking Around In Racing
- Rowan Pennink Scores Valenti Modified Racing Series Victory Sunday At Thompson
- Pained Win: Ryan Preece Left Frustrated Despite SK Modified Victory At Thompson Sunday
- Back To The Front For Keith Rocco In SK Modified Saturday At The Waterford Speedbowl
- Ken Cassidy Jr. Keeps Rolling In Waterford Mini Stocks; Seventh Win In Eight Races
- staffordkid on Pained Win: Ryan Preece Left Frustrated Despite SK Modified Victory At Thompson Sunday
- Kayman on Rowan Pennink Scores Valenti Modified Racing Series Victory Sunday At Thompson
- Anthony on Pained Win: Ryan Preece Left Frustrated Despite SK Modified Victory At Thompson Sunday
- Jerry on Woody Pitkat Declared SK Mod Winner At Stafford After Final Lap Ryan Preece-Keith Rocco Fireworks
- karter on Woody Pitkat Declared SK Mod Winner At Stafford After Final Lap Ryan Preece-Keith Rocco Fireworks
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --