The time has come to really say goodbye, and get ready to say hello again very soon.
On Sunday I had my final newspaper assignment for the Hartford Courant. Eighteen years and eight months of working at The Courant came to a close with an absolute mess of a wreck-marred Valenti Modified Racing Series event at Thompson International Speedway.
Oh well, kind of fitting I guess that the boys from the Modified Racing Series made my last assignment last and last and last …
So this is it, the last entry on the racing blog. It’s been a fun ride, I can’t even begin to think about trying to thank all the people who have been there for me in the sport for so many years. Who knows, maybe when the next step begins I’ll start off with some memories of the years here.
Oh yeah, the next step. I’ve decided to leave The Courant to pursue a venture I’ve had in mind for a number of years. I want to produce a motorsports website. I want to create a site that has a focus on all things racing in Southern New England but also mixes in plenty of tidbits of news and opinion on the national racing scene.
So that’s exactly what I’m going to do. My new website, Race Day CT will launch in full, hopefully, by the middle of the June. It’s going to be a labor of love that I’ve had planned in my head for years. I can’t wait to get going. In the meantime, to keep up with the details of what’s happening and know when a launch date is set, join the Race Day CT page on Facebook or follow us on Twitter (@ShawnCourchesne or @RaceDayCT).
So for now, we’ll say goodbye, goodbye to life at the Hartford Courant, but hardly goodbye to the racing scene. It’s been a great ride, I lived a dream of being a sportswriters for one of the greatest newspapers in America. I’m going to miss this place.
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --
- Moving Out At The Hartford Courant But Sticking Around In Racing
- Rowan Pennink Scores Valenti Modified Racing Series Victory Sunday At Thompson
- Pained Win: Ryan Preece Left Frustrated Despite SK Modified Victory At Thompson Sunday
- Back To The Front For Keith Rocco In SK Modified Saturday At The Waterford Speedbowl
- Ken Cassidy Jr. Keeps Rolling In Waterford Mini Stocks; Seventh Win In Eight Races
- staffordkid on Pained Win: Ryan Preece Left Frustrated Despite SK Modified Victory At Thompson Sunday
- Kayman on Rowan Pennink Scores Valenti Modified Racing Series Victory Sunday At Thompson
- Anthony on Pained Win: Ryan Preece Left Frustrated Despite SK Modified Victory At Thompson Sunday
- Jerry on Woody Pitkat Declared SK Mod Winner At Stafford After Final Lap Ryan Preece-Keith Rocco Fireworks
- karter on Woody Pitkat Declared SK Mod Winner At Stafford After Final Lap Ryan Preece-Keith Rocco Fireworks
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --