Back in February, when we were changing over to a new layout for the auto racing blog at The Courant, I wrote a headline on the last entry of the previous layout style that read: “The Time Has Come To Move On To Something New.”
Today it’s no trick, no play on words. I’m not crying wolf.
By the time I was 15 years old I knew I wanted to be a sports reporter for a newspaper and for the last 18 years I got the chance to live out that dream at the Hartford Courant.
Now the time has to come to try to make another dream a reality.
I have accepted a buyout offer from the Hartford Courant and will be leaving the paper in the near future. My last day at the Hartford Courant has not been finalized yet, but it will most likely be near the end of this month.
For the last 15 years one of my main duties in The Courant sports department has been to cover the local auto racing scene in New England while also writing stories concerning national topics in motorsports. Over that time covering the sport has become more passion than work. Now I’m going to take that passion for covering the sport into a new venture that will make me part journalist and part small business owner.
In the not too distant future, hopefully within a month or so, I will be launching a new website devoted to motorsports that will have a focus on covering the New England racing scene. I’m excited and I’m terrified, but I know this, I can’t wait to pour myself into this project.
So that’s the news for now on the going forward part, and hopefully within the next couple weeks I’ll be able to share more details about exactly what the project will encompass and where people will be able to find it.
In September of 1993 I walked into the Hartford Courant’s Broad Street office as a wide-eyed college kid who had never before set foot in a real live working newsroom and I grew up there. In growing up I was molded by some of the greatest colleagues anyone could ever work with and built relationships – friendships – that will last for forever. I can’t believe I’m saying goodbye but the time has come to chase the next dream.
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --
- Moving Out At The Hartford Courant But Sticking Around In Racing
- Rowan Pennink Scores Valenti Modified Racing Series Victory Sunday At Thompson
- Pained Win: Ryan Preece Left Frustrated Despite SK Modified Victory At Thompson Sunday
- Back To The Front For Keith Rocco In SK Modified Saturday At The Waterford Speedbowl
- Ken Cassidy Jr. Keeps Rolling In Waterford Mini Stocks; Seventh Win In Eight Races
- staffordkid on Pained Win: Ryan Preece Left Frustrated Despite SK Modified Victory At Thompson Sunday
- Kayman on Rowan Pennink Scores Valenti Modified Racing Series Victory Sunday At Thompson
- Anthony on Pained Win: Ryan Preece Left Frustrated Despite SK Modified Victory At Thompson Sunday
- Jerry on Woody Pitkat Declared SK Mod Winner At Stafford After Final Lap Ryan Preece-Keith Rocco Fireworks
- karter on Woody Pitkat Declared SK Mod Winner At Stafford After Final Lap Ryan Preece-Keith Rocco Fireworks
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --