What to ask when choosing a real estate agent? Here are 12 questions from Brett Furman, a broker in St. Davids, Pa.
1. How long have you been marketing real estate?
2. Do you have a Broker’s license?
3. What do you know about the market in my area?
4. How many people did you help buy and sell houses over the past two years?
5. Am I locked into a contract with you, and, if so, how long?
6. What is your average sale price to list price? (Should be 90% or higher)
7. What is your past average number of days on the market? (Should be 94 days or less)
8. Will you produce a movie/slide show of my home?
9. Do you recommend a pre-sale inspection? (Eliminates need for backend negotiations)
10. Do you recommend a pre-sale appraisal? (Helps set price correctly)
11. Can I speak to some of your previous clients? (Check Angie’s List for reviews)
12. What do you recommend to your clients about social media? (Stay out during house hunting & selling)