The Blizzard And Blocked Gas-Furnace Vents, Insurance Claims And ‘Nemo’ vs. ‘Charlotte’

by Categorized: Health, Home Improvement Contractor Issues, Uncategorized Date:

hc-meter-safety_opt.png
Today’s Bottom Line column:

Look what The Bottom Line just uncovered beneath several feet of drifting snow:

Gas furnaces, carbon monoxide and rotten eggs: Homes heated by natural gas vent a byproduct, carbon monoxide, to the outside of the house. A side-wall vent blocked by drifting snow, trapping carbon monoxide in the home, could be deadly.

Connecticut Natural Gas and Southern Connecticut Gas responded to about 250 reports of gas leaks caused by clogged side-wall vents or buried meter and regulator sets during the weekend blizzard, says spokesman Michael West.

More . . .

The Courant is using Facebook comments on stories. To comment on courant.com articles, sign into Facebook and enter your comment in the field below. Comments will appear in your Facebook News Feed unless you choose otherwise. To report spam or abuse, click the X next to the comment. For guidelines on commenting, click here.