Republican gubernatorial aspirant Tom Foley is not backing off from the controversial allegations he launched on Sunday during a television news interview.
Gov. Dannel P. Malloy and his supporters have repeatedly denied the allegations since they were made, but Foley says the denials have not been specific. Foley, who lost to Malloy in 2010 in Connecticut’s closest race for governor in more than 50 years, has declined to reveal the names of any of the sources of his allegations.
Less than 45 minutes after Foley released his latest statement, state Democratic Party chairwoman Nancy DiNardo called once again for Foley to release the records for two times that he was arrested in 1981 and 1993. The charges were dropped in both cases, and Foley describes them as decades-old, minor incidents.
Since then, Foley was confirmed as the U.S. Ambassador to Ireland in 2006 and as a high-level administrator as director of private sector development for the Coalition Provisional Authority in Iraq in 2003 during the administration of President George W. Bush.
“There are no unreleased records,” Foley said in an interview. “This has already been fully vetted.” Continue reading