Five soldiers and a Navy seal from Connecticut will be honored in a ceremony at the state Capitol complex on May 24.
The office of Lt. Gov. Nancy Wyman announced Thursday that portraits of the six men, all killed in Afghanistan, will be added to the Wall of Honor at the Capitol complex. They are:
- Army Spec. Richard C. Emmons, 22, of North Granby. (2011)
- Army Pfc. Eric D. Soufrine, 20, of Woodbridge. (2011)
- Navy SEAL Chief Petty Officer Brian R. Bill, 31, of Stamford. (2011)
- Army Sgt. Edward J. Frank II, 26, of Hartford. (2011)
- Army Staff Sgt. Ari R. Cullers, 28, of Waterford. (2011)
- Army Spec. Dennis Pratt, 34, of Southington. (2009)
The honorees\’ families will be invited to make remarks at the ceremony, scheduled for 4 p.m. in the atrium of the Legislative Office Building. Families of some of the 56 Connecticut men and women previously killed in in Iraq and Afghanistan are also expected to attend.