H. Patrick Campbell, the city’s chief auditor, sent an e-mail Tuesday to police Chief James Rovella asking him to revoke Jared Kupiec’s access card for the Hartford Public Safety Complex, which Kupiec has apparently been using to get into the facility’s gym for workouts. Kupiec is Mayor Pedro Segarra’s chief of staff.
Campbell wrote in [...]
The Mayors Against Illegal Guns campaign came to Newtown and Hartford yesterday. Gov. Dannel P. Malloy and Sen. Richard Blumenthal joined Mayor Pedro Segarra, Police Chief James Rovella and others who stood in the rain outside City Hall to demand gun control legislation. Here is the Courant’s story.
It probably isn’t much consolation to the families who are dealing with the unsolved murder of a loved one, but city police told me before last night’s forum that Hartford’s homicide clearance rate is getting better. Markedly better.
In 2007, the clearance rate was 36 percent. In 2008, 39 percent. In 2009, 30 percent. [...]
In light of Wednesday’s dedication of the new Hartford public safety complex on High Street, we looked into the history of the city’s police department. The following is a timeline that includes all locations of the police department (thanks to the Hartford History Center for the following information):
1860: The city’s first police station [...]
Our colleague Steve Goode reported on nine promotions that Police Chief James Rovella carried out Friday in a ceremony at city hall. Rovella called the promotions — the first of his tenure — a “tone setter” and said they reflected a renewed focus on community policing.
Among the new deputy chiefs are two former lieutenants [...]
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --
- 2013 Hartford Teacher Of The Year | Cityline on City Schools Name Teacher Of The Year Finalists
- El Hermano D Apocalyse Rivera Ernesto Soto on Council Members Say They Don’t Want To Raid The Rainy Day Fund
- Apocalyse Rivera Ernesto Soto on Segarra Warns Council Before Budget Cuts
- Budget Cuts: The Registrars’ Office | Cityline on Council Members Looking To Cut Registrar Of Voters’ Office, Require Some Registrars To Go Part-Time
- Cuts To Police: What’s At Stake | Cityline on Council Members Say They Don’t Want To Raid The Rainy Day Fund
- Christina Kishimoto
- City Council
- Faith-Based Community
- Hartford Public Library
- Hartford website
- Health Care
- Internal Audit Commission
- James Rovella
- Jared Kupiec
- Pedro Segarra
- Purchasing Cards
- registrar of voters
- Sad City Hartford
- School Construction Projects
- Shawn Wooden
- State Reimbursements