Four auto insurers have agreed to settle allegations that they failed to refund at-fault surcharges to Massachusetts customers, resulting in higher premiums — after a customer has been in a crash, for example — when a state appeals process sided with the customer, Attorney General Martha Coakley’s office said Thursday.
The Atlantic Ocean could produce more “major” hurricanes this year than it did in 2012, according to a company that provides weather forecasts for corporate clients.
In an early hurricane forecast released Thursday, ImpactWeather Inc. predicted that 2013 will see two to four major hurricanes, which the company defines as category 3 or greater, meaning [...]
The lead singer of Van Halen, David Lee Roth, told HuffPost Live that his penis, which he calls “Little Elvis,” was once insured by Lloyd’s of London.
“Somebody said, ‘Well, we’ll have to insure Edward’s [Guitarist Eddie Van Halen’s] fingers because he’s gonna be using those a lot on the road, and Alex Van [...]
MetLife Chairman and CEO Steven A. Kandarian was compensated $8.96 million last year, his first full year as head of the nation’s largest life insurance company, according to documents filed Monday with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
The Travelers Cos. Chairman and CEO Jay S. Fishman was compensated a total of $29.9 million last year, a 37 percent increase over the year before, according to documents filed Thursday with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
In 2011, Fishman’s pay package totaled $21.9 million, not including stock-and-option awards which have a future [...]
Cigna Corp. CEO David M. Cordani had a 68 percent decline in pay last year with compensation totaling $3.97 million, not including $9 million in stock and stock options which have value in the future when the stocks vest and options are exercised, according to a filing Friday with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
A specialty property-casualty insurer is moving its headquarters to Stamford from Rye Brook, N.Y., and adding 200 jobs in exchange for up to $11.5 million in state assistance, Gov. Dannel P. Malloy announced Friday.
The Navigators Group, Inc. is taking part in Malloy’s Next Five program. The company will receive assistance for the $25 million move [...]
Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in Connecticut responded to criticism by doctors groups that the insurer isn’t paying for psychotherapy when it is provided in conjunction with other medical services.
ConnectiCare and the parent company of Hartford Hospital said this week they have agreed on a new accountable-care arrangement with the goal of better managing patient care and reducing medical costs.
Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Co. is planning to add a number of financial representatives in Connecticut who will be independent contractors working for commissions.
The life insurer will add 24 full-time people and 30 interns in West Hartford as part of a nationwide effort to bolster the company’s commission-based sales force by 5,500 this year [...]
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --
- Liability Claims From Dog Bites Are Increasingly Costly For Insurers
- HealthyCT Is First Connecticut Insurer To File Rate Requests For Public Exchange
- Insurance Regulators Still Waiting For Proposed Rates On Health Exchange Plans
- Cigna’s Operating Income Up, Net Income Down On Charges
- MetLife Improves Operating Earnings On Stronger Investment Income, Growth In Markets Abroad
- Jack Canady on Insurance Regulators Still Waiting For Proposed Rates On Health Exchange Plans
- Bob Fortier on Insurance Regulators Still Waiting For Proposed Rates On Health Exchange Plans
- sue on Insurance Regulators Still Waiting For Proposed Rates On Health Exchange Plans
- DR on MetLife Improves Operating Earnings On Stronger Investment Income, Growth In Markets Abroad
- jfaRR on Anthem Agrees To Reprocess 28,000 Claims Related To Psychotherapy, Pay $400,000 To Medical Providers
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --