Shareholders of The Hartford Financial Services Group voted to approve executives’ compensation, the board of directors and to appoint Deloitte & Touche as the company’s independent accounting firm.
Liability claims related to dog bites are getting more expensive, according to an analysis of claims data released Wednesday by the Insurance Information Institute and State Farm.
The number of dog-bite claims fell by 1.4 percent last year to 16,459 from 16,695 the year before, but the costs of settling dog-bite claims continued to rise, [...]
The first Connecticut health insurer to file proposed rates for health plans that will be sold on a public exchange, HealthyCT Inc. is requesting monthly rates ranging from $156 to $1,501 per person for small-group plans, according to regulatory documents.
Connecticut insurance regulators are still waiting — one week after a suggested deadline — for insurers to file proposed rates on health plans they intend to sell on the state’s public exchange later this year.
All health insurance plans are regulated by the state Insurance Department, which has the authority to approve, modify or deny [...]
Cigna Corp. reported stronger operating income as it grew membership in almost all lines of business, though net income was down on charges related to its run-off reinsurance business.
The nation’s largest life insurer, MetLife Inc., reported stronger operating earnings for the first quarter compared with last year as the company cut expenses, improved investment income and saw growth in new markets abroad.
I reported The Hartford’s earnings yesterday when they were released after the markets closed, and that story is here.
Sterne Agee analyst John Nadel says today in a note to investors:
Not only has HIG fully hedged its VA [variable annuity] equity and Fx exposure, declaring Talcott capital self-sufficient even under severe stress, but the [...]
Aetna beat analysts’ expectations on Tuesday as it reported strong operating income for the first three months of the year compared with 2012, but net income was lower because of costs related to buying Coventry Health Care Inc.
Magellan Health Services Inc. reported better earnings and stronger revenue for the first three months of the year compared with the same period last year, but the company lowered its outlook because it lost a multi-billion-dollar Medicaid contract in Arizona.
Core earnings for The Hartford Financial Services Group improved 7 percent in the first quarter of 2013 compared with the same period last year, driven by tougher underwriting, price hikes in property-casualty, and stronger results in both group-benefits results and mutual funds.
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --
- The Hartford’s Shareholders Approve Of Board, Executives’ Compensation During Annual Meeting
- Liability Claims From Dog Bites Are Increasingly Costly For Insurers
- HealthyCT Is First Connecticut Insurer To File Rate Requests For Public Exchange
- Insurance Regulators Still Waiting For Proposed Rates On Health Exchange Plans
- Cigna’s Operating Income Up, Net Income Down On Charges
- Jack Canady on Insurance Regulators Still Waiting For Proposed Rates On Health Exchange Plans
- Bob Fortier on Insurance Regulators Still Waiting For Proposed Rates On Health Exchange Plans
- sue on Insurance Regulators Still Waiting For Proposed Rates On Health Exchange Plans
- DR on MetLife Improves Operating Earnings On Stronger Investment Income, Growth In Markets Abroad
- jfaRR on Anthem Agrees To Reprocess 28,000 Claims Related To Psychotherapy, Pay $400,000 To Medical Providers
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --