Cigna Corp. set aside $77 million to cover potential claim payments as part of a settlement with insurance regulators in five states over the company’s practices in handling long-term disability claims, the Connecticut Insurance Department said Wednesday.
Three insurers — Aetna, Cigna Corp. and Magellan Health Services Inc. — are offering free behavioral health consultations to help people deal with trauma and grief related to the Boston Marathon.
Cigna Corp. CEO David M. Cordani had a 68 percent decline in pay last year with compensation totaling $3.97 million, not including $9 million in stock and stock options which have value in the future when the stocks vest and options are exercised, according to a filing Friday with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
Tina Nanos’ life was bogged down by her weight for years.
“I thought about it. I was overweight for a very large portion of my life,” said Nanos, who lives in Wallingford with her husband and two children, 13 and 5.
But when her weight “skyrocketed” after having her second son, so much so that [...]
Cigna Corp. announced Wednesday it completed its purchase of Medicare Advantage plans from Arcadian and Humana in Arkansas, Oklahoma and Texas.
Starting Jan. 1, about 4,500 Medicare Advantage customers who had Humana or Arcadian now have Cigna coverage, which includes HealthSpring. The acquisition includes 35 new counties in and around Amarillo, Texas; Longview-Marshall, Texas; Texarkana, [...]
Cigna Corp. and its partner in China announced Monday that the joint venture has one million policies in China.
Cigna and CMC Life Insurance Co. Ltd., an affiliate of China Merchants Group, started their joint venture in 2003. Cigna brings insurance experience to the deal. CMC brings retail experience and brand recognition as well as [...]
A Cigna Corp. executive said Thursday that taxes on the health insurance industry related to the Affordable Care Act, or federal health care reform, will be pushed onto customers in the form of higher premiums.
Cigna’s Chief Financial Officer Ralph J. Nicoletti responded to a question about the taxes during a conference call with [...]
Cigna Corp. has a new vice president for network contracting and health care delivery system collaborations, which means overseeing the contract negotiations with hospitals and doctors as well as other dealings with clinicians.
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --
- ConnectiCare Becomes Second Insurer To Propose Rates For Public Exchange
- National Hurricane Center Forecasts ‘Active To Extremely Active’ 2013 Season
- ING U.S. (Soon To Be Voya Financial) Announces First Ever Earnings
- Phoenix Says Bondholders Consent To Delayed Financial Reports
- Cigna Sets Aside $77 Million In Long-Term-Disability Settlement With Regulators In Five States
- Mike Leone on ConnectiCare Becomes Second Insurer To Propose Rates For Public Exchange
- and on the opposite the christian louboutin shoes are easy to be worn out and the feet won't feel we on Cigna Sets Aside $77 Million In Long-Term-Disability Settlement With Regulators In Five States
- cheap life insurance and critical illness cover on Cigna Sets Aside $77 Million In Long-Term-Disability Settlement With Regulators In Five States
- cheap life insurance without medical exam on Cigna Sets Aside $77 Million In Long-Term-Disability Settlement With Regulators In Five States
- sue on National Hurricane Center Forecasts ‘Active To Extremely Active’ 2013 Season
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --