A few Aetna Inc. shareholders took the health insurer to task Friday morning during an annual meeting in Tampa, Fla., over the way it structures its board leadership, how it discloses political spending and the manner in which it ran the annual meeting.
The majority of shareholders, however, sided with Aetna’s board in supporting its [...]
The state Insurance Department approved an insurance license for HealthyCT, allowing the new nonprofit to sell health plans in Connecticut, the nonprofit and department said Tuesday.
When health insurance is sold on a new online exchange later this year, more than 233,000 Connecticut residents will be eligible for federal subsidies to offset the price of their premiums, according to a new report Tuesday by Families USA.
The Atlantic Ocean could produce more “major” hurricanes this year than it did in 2012, according to a company that provides weather forecasts for corporate clients.
In an early hurricane forecast released Thursday, ImpactWeather Inc. predicted that 2013 will see two to four major hurricanes, which the company defines as category 3 or greater, meaning [...]
The lead singer of Van Halen, David Lee Roth, told HuffPost Live that his penis, which he calls “Little Elvis,” was once insured by Lloyd’s of London.
“Somebody said, ‘Well, we’ll have to insure Edward’s [Guitarist Eddie Van Halen’s] fingers because he’s gonna be using those a lot on the road, and Alex Van [...]
The Travelers Cos. Chairman and CEO Jay S. Fishman was compensated a total of $29.9 million last year, a 37 percent increase over the year before, according to documents filed Thursday with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
In 2011, Fishman’s pay package totaled $21.9 million, not including stock-and-option awards which have a future [...]
A specialty property-casualty insurer is moving its headquarters to Stamford from Rye Brook, N.Y., and adding 200 jobs in exchange for up to $11.5 million in state assistance, Gov. Dannel P. Malloy announced Friday.
The Navigators Group, Inc. is taking part in Malloy’s Next Five program. The company will receive assistance for the $25 million move [...]
Some young people are likely to experience sticker shock when shopping for health insurance next year, as new regulations take hold to reduce price variation based on age.
A limit on pricing by age is among the many new federal regulations that will apply to health plans sold in the fall of 2013 for the [...]
Hurricane Sandy damaged or destroyed about 230,000 vehicles, according to an analysis of insurance claims filed as of last week.
Most of those were in New York and — 130,000 automobiles — followed by New Jersey, which had about 60,000 insurance claims for vehicles, according to the National Insurance Crime Bureau and the Insurance Services [...]
The Phoenix Cos. postponed release of its third-quarter earnings as the company plans to restate financial results for 2009, 2010, 2011 and the first two quarters of this year.
Phoenix said it will file preliminary third-quarter results within two weeks. The company did not say which day it will release results.
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --
- Phoenix Reports Unaudited Results Of Life Subsidiary
- Bloomberg: Insurers Defend $329 Billion Muni Exception Amid Debate
- Aetna Shareholders Vote Down Measures To Change Board Leadership, Further Disclose Political Spending
- Bloomberg: Hartford Financial Said To Seek Sale Of Japanese Annuity Unit
- The Hartford’s Shareholders Approve Of Board, Executives’ Compensation During Annual Meeting
- sue on Bloomberg: Hartford Financial Said To Seek Sale Of Japanese Annuity Unit
- H. Davison on Liability Claims From Dog Bites Are Increasingly Costly For Insurers
- DR on Liability Claims From Dog Bites Are Increasingly Costly For Insurers
- Steven K on Liability Claims From Dog Bites Are Increasingly Costly For Insurers
- p hofperson on Liability Claims From Dog Bites Are Increasingly Costly For Insurers
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --