The Hartford Financial Services Group said Thursday it is expecting to post a net loss for the first three months of the year as it posts two charges totaling $740 million.
Connecticut won’t lose hundreds of workers to Massachusetts as employees transfer from The Hartford Financial Services Group to Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Co.
Instead, they’ll work in Enfield.
The Hartford started the new year by announcing that it has closed on several major transactions related to the company’s transformation announced last March.
The Hartford Financial Services Group said Wednesday that it had completed the sale of three businesses:
As a small maneuver in a major transformation at The Hartford, the property-casualty insurer is reorganizing its Mutual Funds business.
Some support services for the Mutual Funds unit will be moved from Hartford Life and Accident Insurance Co. to Hartford Life Inc., according to a company filing Monday with the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission.
Hurricane Sandy is expected to cost The Hartford $370 million in total claims, before tax, the property-casualty insurer said Tuesday.
The Hartford Financial Services Group has reinsurance to cover part of that, and expects the company’s losses from the storm will be $350 million before tax, net of reinsurance.
The Hartford Financial Services Group said Monday it has completed its sale of Woodbury Financial Services to American International Group Inc.
The Hartford said in August it reached a deal to sell Woodbury Financial for $115 million — $25 million that it will retain from Woodbury and $90 million from AIG.
The Hartford Financial Services Group reported much higher earnings in the third quarter compared with a year ago, driven by a very quiet summer in terms of natural disasters and higher prices on home, auto and commercial property insurance.
Net income was $401 million for the three-month period, or 83 cents per diluted share, compared [...]
The Hartford Financial Services Group will probably use proceeds from the sale of several business units to pay off debt and buy back shares of company stock, analysts say.
The last of several large divestitures was announced last week with the planned sale of The Hartford’s Individual [...]
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --
- Bloomberg: Insurers Defend $329 Billion Muni Exception Amid Debate
- Aetna Shareholders Vote Down Measures To Change Board Leadership, Further Disclose Political Spending
- Bloomberg: Hartford Financial Said To Seek Sale Of Japanese Annuity Unit
- The Hartford’s Shareholders Approve Of Board, Executives’ Compensation During Annual Meeting
- Liability Claims From Dog Bites Are Increasingly Costly For Insurers
- sue on Bloomberg: Hartford Financial Said To Seek Sale Of Japanese Annuity Unit
- H. Davison on Liability Claims From Dog Bites Are Increasingly Costly For Insurers
- DR on Liability Claims From Dog Bites Are Increasingly Costly For Insurers
- Steven K on Liability Claims From Dog Bites Are Increasingly Costly For Insurers
- p hofperson on Liability Claims From Dog Bites Are Increasingly Costly For Insurers
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --