Anyone interested in learning more about how Connecticut’s health exchange will work may attend one of seven “chats” scheduled for different locations across the state.
Starting in October 2013, states will have public health exchanges, which will act as an online marketplace for individuals buying health insurance. The exchanges are quasi-public entities and are part of the federal Affordable Care Act passed by Congress in 2010.
“October 2013 open enrollment is fast approaching,” said Kevin Counihan, CEO of the Connecticut Health Insurance Exchange. “We have news to share about our progress and we also want to answer questions from residents who want to learn more about how we will achieve the goals of the Exchange – to provide a fair and trusted destination to support residents in accessing affordable, high quality health care coverage.”
Below is a list of town-hall styled events, which are free and open to the public to answer questions of consumers, business owners, advocates and anyone else interested in knowing how the exchanges will work. For details, including pre-registration for the events, visit www.healthychatct.com.
- Hartford, Tuesday, November 27, Hartford Public Library, 500 Main Street, Center for Contemporary Culture, Registration 5:00 p.m., Event 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
- Waterbury, Thursday, November 29, Waterbury City Hall, 235 Grand Street, Veterans Memorial Hall, Room 225, Registration 5:00 p.m., Event 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
- New London, Tuesday, December 4, Mitchell College, 437 Pequot Avenue, Clarke Center Auditorium, Registration 5:00 p.m., Event 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
- New Haven, Thursday, December 6, Hill Regional Career High School, 140 Legion Avenue, Registration 5:00 p.m., Event 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
- New Britain, Tuesday, December 11, Central Connecticut State University, 1615 Stanley Street, Memorial Hall, Constitution Room, Registration 5:00 p.m., Event 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
- Stamford, Thursday, December 13, University of Connecticut Stamford, 1 University Place, Gen Re Auditorium, Registration 5:00 p.m., Event 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
- Bridgeport, Tuesday, December 18, Bridgeport Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center, 1070 Main Street, Harbor Ballroom, Registration 5:00 p.m., Event 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.