A Hartford architecture firm has been hired by the University of Connecticut to evaluate the former Travelers Education Center on Constitution Plaza in downtown Hartford — seen as among the top sites to house the university’s relocated West Hartford campus.
The university last week announced that it would move the West Hartford campus to downtown Hartford within a year, but it didn’t name a location. The university said it was still evaluating sites.
The agenda for Thursday’s UConn Board of Trustees meeting specifically included the address of the education center — 200 Constitution Plaza — in a request for $243,524 in funding to hire JCJ Architecture PC.
Late Thursday, Lawrence McHugh, the board’s chairman, said in a statement: “The university is examining multiple properties in the course of its due diligence and the board approved this funding to give them the resources to do so.”
A call to the JCJ wasn’t returned Thursday. The former education center is vacant and has been on the market for lease, following a foreclosure.
The education center is among three downtown Hartford sites seen as potential locations for the school. The others are Connecticut River Plaza and One Talcott Plaza.
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --
- Patrick on New, Smaller Plan For Former Broadcast House Site In Hartford
- Unhealthy Jim on Auction House For Heavy Construction Equipment To Move From Stafford
- Timothy Classen on Rocker Kicks Off New Home Improvement Show In CT
- advising Americans against travel to the Cusco and Machu Picchu area of Peru. ete on Auction House For Heavy Construction Equipment To Move From Stafford
- Home Improvement | Home and Garden | Lighting | Decoration on Rocker Kicks Off New Home Improvement Show In CT
- Commercial Construction
- Commercial Transactions
- Downtown Hartford
- Foreclosure Sales
- Hartford Redevelopment
- Katharine Hepburn House
- Mortgage Fraud Settlement
- northland investment corp.
- On the Market: Commercial Properties For Sale
- Residential Real Estate Reports
- Stores and Restaurants
- Trading Spaces
- New, Smaller Plan For Downtown Hartford Apartment Project June 17, 2013
- Landmark Essex Windmill Up For Sale June 17, 2013
- Connecticut House Sales Slip Again In April June 17, 2013
- Ellen DeGeneres, Portia de Rossi Buy Montecito Mansion June 15, 2013
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --