The Capital Region Development Authority this afternoon is expected to award the management contracts for two of the Hartford area’s largest sports and entertainment venues: the XL Center in Hartford and the Stadium at Rentschler Field in East Hartford.
Three bidders are vying to manage both locations: AEG Management CT LLC, the current manager of the XL Center and former manager of Rentschler; Capital Region Sports and Entertainment Group, led by Bushnell Management Services, currently manages Rentschler; and Global Spectrum, based in Philadelphia but whose head of business development is based in Glastonbury and once managed the XL Center when it was the Hartford Civic Center.
In addition, the University of Connecticut is seeking to manage Rentschler, but CRDA’s executive director, Michael W. Freimuth, has said he wouldn’t recommend that option. Freimuth has said he supports one manager for both the XL Center and Rentschler and believes a private firm could better attract non-sports events to the Stadium.
The management of the XL Center will have to wrestle with keeping the AHL — the Connecticut Whale or another team — in Hartford, making much needed capital improvements to the 40-year-old structure and boosting event attendance.
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --
- State Interested In Buying Former Hartford Office Supply Building?
- Hepburn Estate Owner Has Another Unusual Connecticut Property For Sale
- New, Smaller Plan For Former Broadcast House Site In Hartford
- House Sales In Connecticut Slip Again In April
- Auction House For Heavy Construction Equipment To Move From Stafford
- Joanie W. on New, Smaller Plan For Former Broadcast House Site In Hartford
- alan on State Interested In Buying Former Hartford Office Supply Building?
- pete on State Interested In Buying Former Hartford Office Supply Building?
- J L on New, Smaller Plan For Former Broadcast House Site In Hartford
- career in nursing on Hepburn Estate Owner Has Another Unusual Connecticut Property For Sale
- Commercial Construction
- Commercial Transactions
- Downtown Hartford
- Foreclosure Sales
- Hartford Redevelopment
- Katharine Hepburn House
- Mortgage Fraud Settlement
- northland investment corp.
- On the Market: Commercial Properties For Sale
- Residential Real Estate Reports
- Stores and Restaurants
- Trading Spaces
- New, Smaller Plan For Downtown Hartford Apartment Project June 17, 2013
- Landmark Essex Windmill Up For Sale June 17, 2013
- Connecticut House Sales Slip Again In April June 17, 2013
- Ellen DeGeneres, Portia de Rossi Buy Montecito Mansion June 15, 2013
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --