What’s going to happen to building that formerly housed the Chikurin restaurant on Main Street in Glastonbury couldn’t be clearer.
“Demo” is spray painted across the side and front of the two-story structure.
What isn’t so clear is which tenants will replace the Japanese restaurant now that 2815 Main St. is being redeveloped. Negotiations are on-going but one thing seems pretty certain: it won’t be a Five Guys Burgers & Fries.
George Lee, a broker at Northeast Retail Leasing & Management in Windsor representing the Main Street building, told me Five Guys did look at the site. However, Lee said he now understands the eatery is looking at another location in Glastonbury.
Lee declined to comment further, and the new potential location couldn’t immediately be determined today.
At 2815 Main, Lee told me there are plans for either one or two buildings, totaling up to 8,000 square feet.
Redevelopment plans for the site would require town approval, according to town officials.
There are serious negotiations with potential tenants, Lee told me. He declined to name them, but shops, restaurants and financial institutions are likely candidates for the space.
“We’re in significant discussions,” Lee told me. “We’re past the tire kickers.”
Where do you think the Five Guys chain is looking in Glastonbury?
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --
- Patrick on New, Smaller Plan For Former Broadcast House Site In Hartford
- Unhealthy Jim on Auction House For Heavy Construction Equipment To Move From Stafford
- Timothy Classen on Rocker Kicks Off New Home Improvement Show In CT
- advising Americans against travel to the Cusco and Machu Picchu area of Peru. ete on Auction House For Heavy Construction Equipment To Move From Stafford
- Home Improvement | Home and Garden | Lighting | Decoration on Rocker Kicks Off New Home Improvement Show In CT
- Commercial Construction
- Commercial Transactions
- Downtown Hartford
- Foreclosure Sales
- Hartford Redevelopment
- Katharine Hepburn House
- Mortgage Fraud Settlement
- northland investment corp.
- On the Market: Commercial Properties For Sale
- Residential Real Estate Reports
- Stores and Restaurants
- Trading Spaces
- New, Small Plan For Downtown Hartford Apartment Project June 17, 2013
- Connecticut House Sales Slip Again In April June 17, 2013
- Ellen DeGeneres, Portia de Rossi Buy Montecito Mansion June 15, 2013
- Growing appeal for 10-year mortgages June 15, 2013
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --