New Haven’s Downtown Crossing — a far-reaching project to redevelop land now occupied by the Oak Street connector — got a major boost Monday, landing Alexion Pharmaceuticals as the anchor tenant for 100 College Street, the first building in the redevelopment.
My colleagues Mara Lee and Courant Business Editor Dan Haar report:
The 11-story building, which aims to use renewable energy and other green features, will be about three-quarters full with Alexion labs and offices, and developer Carter Winstanley said he’s in talks with other potential tenants.
Winstanley said he has been looking at the below-grade highway that separates an office building designed for small companies from Yale’s Medical School ever since his office moved in there 13 years ago.
For seven years, he’s been working on the two-acre site that will house Alexion.
The city, state and federal government are spending tens of millions to tear out a 1-mile spur of Route 34 that was part of an urban renewal push more than 50 years ago.
It will open up more than 10 acres for development, a program called Downtown Crossing.
DeStefano said by mending the rip in the city’s grid, “We get to double the size of downtown. I think it’s time to reset goals. Our goal is not to be a knowledge and technology center for Connecticut, but nationally.”
See the full story here.
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --
- Patrick on New, Smaller Plan For Former Broadcast House Site In Hartford
- Unhealthy Jim on Auction House For Heavy Construction Equipment To Move From Stafford
- Timothy Classen on Rocker Kicks Off New Home Improvement Show In CT
- advising Americans against travel to the Cusco and Machu Picchu area of Peru. ete on Auction House For Heavy Construction Equipment To Move From Stafford
- Home Improvement | Home and Garden | Lighting | Decoration on Rocker Kicks Off New Home Improvement Show In CT
- Commercial Construction
- Commercial Transactions
- Downtown Hartford
- Foreclosure Sales
- Hartford Redevelopment
- Katharine Hepburn House
- Mortgage Fraud Settlement
- northland investment corp.
- On the Market: Commercial Properties For Sale
- Residential Real Estate Reports
- Stores and Restaurants
- Trading Spaces
- New, Smaller Plan For Downtown Hartford Apartment Project June 17, 2013
- Landmark Essex Windmill Up For Sale June 17, 2013
- Connecticut House Sales Slip Again In April June 17, 2013
- Ellen DeGeneres, Portia de Rossi Buy Montecito Mansion June 15, 2013
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --