In August, I wrote about the $220 million Storrs Center development on the southern edge of the University of Connecticut’s main campus. The first buildings, including shops, restaurants and apartments, were opening.
Read my story from August here.
Today, I was reporting another story in the area and decided to check out the progress. A lot has happened in 2-1/2 months.
The next part of the Town Square phase is in full swing. An old shopping plaza has been demolished and a five-st0ry building is now taking shape:
How this area looked in August:
Here is how the same area looked today:
Here’s a view down Dog Lane:
This phase, known as “1B,” is expected to include 195 apartments and 40,000-square-feet of ground-level retail and commercial space. The University of Connecticut Health Center is expected to occupy 18,000 square feet for medical offices. The UConn Co-op is expected to open a 15,000-square-foot branch.
Construction began in the spring and is expected to be completed in August, 2013.
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --
- Patrick on New, Smaller Plan For Former Broadcast House Site In Hartford
- Unhealthy Jim on Auction House For Heavy Construction Equipment To Move From Stafford
- Timothy Classen on Rocker Kicks Off New Home Improvement Show In CT
- advising Americans against travel to the Cusco and Machu Picchu area of Peru. ete on Auction House For Heavy Construction Equipment To Move From Stafford
- Home Improvement | Home and Garden | Lighting | Decoration on Rocker Kicks Off New Home Improvement Show In CT
- Commercial Construction
- Commercial Transactions
- Downtown Hartford
- Foreclosure Sales
- Hartford Redevelopment
- Katharine Hepburn House
- Mortgage Fraud Settlement
- northland investment corp.
- On the Market: Commercial Properties For Sale
- Residential Real Estate Reports
- Stores and Restaurants
- Trading Spaces
- New, Smaller Plan For Downtown Hartford Apartment Project June 17, 2013
- Landmark Essex Windmill Up For Sale June 17, 2013
- Connecticut House Sales Slip Again In April June 17, 2013
- Ellen DeGeneres, Portia de Rossi Buy Montecito Mansion June 15, 2013
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --