Speculation is heating up that The Capital Grille, an upscale steakhouse, is the second tenant that will sign on at downtown Hartford’s Front Street.
For a couple of weeks, there has been buzz on Facebook on a page devoted to the people who live in the city of Hartford. Catch some of the chatter on Dwelling in Downtown-Hartford. (Scroll down to July 7.)
Then, last week, James Abromaitis, executive director of the former Capital City Economic Development Authority, told members of the new Capital Region Development Authority that a second tenant would be announced within a month. (The first tenant, a movie theater, is now outfitting space and is aiming for an early fall opening.)
Sources have told me that the tenant is a publicly-traded steakhouse. The Capital Grille is one of the restaurants operated by the publicly-traded Darden Restaurants, Inc. Darden also runs LongHorn Steakhouse, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Seasons 52, Bahama Breeze and Eddie V’s.
Today, a source familiar with the space but not directly involved with lease negotiations told my colleague Jenna Carlesso that The Capital Grille is the name being attached the space.
It’s starting to add up.
Anyone out there able to confirm? Front Street’s developer H.B. Nitkin isn’t returning e-mails seeking comment, and The Capital Grille didn’t immediately respond to an e-mail.
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --
- Health Technology Park Could Bring Thousands of Jobs To CT By 2018
- Mohegan Sun Palmer Shopping Area Plans Dwarf CT Casino Retail Space
- Historic Simsbury House Purchased By Investor Group
- Grant Aids Community Organizations Hire Foreclosure Prevention Specialists
- Report: CT Home Sales Slide In March But Prices Rise
- mc on Mohegan Sun Palmer Shopping Area Plans Dwarf CT Casino Retail Space
- Gman on Mohegan Sun Palmer Shopping Area Plans Dwarf CT Casino Retail Space
- Patrick on Mohegan Sun Palmer Shopping Area Plans Dwarf CT Casino Retail Space
- Smoke Fire on Mohegan Sun Palmer Shopping Area Plans Dwarf CT Casino Retail Space
- pete on Grant Aids Community Organizations Hire Foreclosure Prevention Specialists
- Commercial Construction
- Commercial Transactions
- Downtown Hartford
- Foreclosure Sales
- Hartford Redevelopment
- Katharine Hepburn House
- Mortgage Fraud Settlement
- northland investment corp.
- On the Market: Commercial Properties For Sale
- Residential Real Estate Reports
- Stores and Restaurants
- Trading Spaces
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --