If you make jet engines, it’s never good news when rogue operators in your far-flung forging operation falsify testing data for 15 years on critical parts.
Pratt executives are no doubt wondering how that could have gone undetected from the mid-1990s all the way to 2011 at the Carmel Forge unit in Israel. But the [...]
Inquiries into the battery systems of the grounded Boeing 787 Dreamliner could take a long time, and the fix could be expensive, according to news reports citing experts and investigators.
The Japanese agency investigating a badly damaged lithium-ion battery that caused an emergency landing earlier this week are focusing on possible overheating from excessive [...]
Wall Street is worried about company earnings as bellwether firms report sluggish sales, and United Technologies Corp. said today it’s also concerned about the global economy affecting revenues.
But on a day when 3M, DuPont and UPS all missed targets or reported lower sales, UTC held its own, reporting a 6 percent revenue [...]
No, the space suit worn by Felix Baumgartner in his record-setting jump Sunday from 24 miles above the New Mexico desert was not made by United Technologies Aerospace, formerly Hamilton Sundstrand, in Windsor Locks.
But the company that made the glove disconnect, the helmet disconnect, and some of the valves and fittings on [...]
There’s a state-sponsored job fair Wednesday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. in Danbury with more than 50 employers, including United Technologies Corp.’s aerospace systems division, hiring engineers.
Does that mean UTC is expanding its former Goodrich plant in Danbury? The company hasn’t announced its plans for the former Goodrich facilities, which are now in [...]
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --
- Talking about suburban poverty and the college job market on #Fox CT with @LoganByrnes.
- #CongresswomanEsty: You have more GPS power in your cell phone than most airliners have.
- #CongresswomanEsty: Underinvestment in this country in infrastructure has had more impact in New England than any other region.'
- Another Nonsense Business-Friendly Ranking, And Good News For Grads
- ESPN Layoffs Exceed 100, Sources Say; Company Vows Continued Growth
- For Nappier And Other Activists, Only A Moral Victory in Dimon Vote at JPMorgan Chase
- Report: Suburban Poverty Rises Sharply But CT Regions More Stable
- Homespun Advice from a Business Legend
- baborn3 on Another Nonsense Business-Friendly Ranking, And Good News For Grads
- Dan Haar on Another Nonsense Business-Friendly Ranking, And Good News For Grads
- mark on Another Nonsense Business-Friendly Ranking, And Good News For Grads
- Rob on Another Nonsense Business-Friendly Ranking, And Good News For Grads
- paul on Another Nonsense Business-Friendly Ranking, And Good News For Grads
- Corporate finance
- Economic Development
- Financial Services
- Health Care
- Public finance
- Real Estate
- Small Business
- Wall Street
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --