Nearly a year after the start of Sunday alcoholic beverage sales, higher retail sales volumes are holding up for beer, wine and liquor, the state Department of Revenue Services said Thursday. That does not mean everyone is happy, as Courant Capitol Bureau Chief Chris Keating reported earlier this year.
From July through January, the [...]
It’s clear that cities are moving headlong into not just widespread video surveillance, but also some very sophisticated forms of monitoring and artificial intelligence to manage all those images, as I wrote in a column Monday. The Boston Marathon bombings displayed some of that, and will certainly speed it up.
Does anyone see a [...]
Investors are generally optimistic about the economy and financial markets but are fearful of foreign stocks, according to a new poll by Morgan Stanley. And that’s odd, since the financial services giant is among many that are recommending more overseas investment in 2013.
The poll of 1,000 investors nationwide by Morgan Stanley Wealth Management [...]
Happy Tax Day! If you’ve already filed, you’re in the majority and you might be among the 34 percent of Americans who like or even love (5 percent) filing taxes, according to this Pew report.
Democrats are more likely to like filing than Republicans and low-income people favor the task more than those [...]
The first lawsuit challenging the state’s new gun control law was served Thursday by a group that represents disabled citizens, charging that the ban on military-style rifles eliminates the main firearm that many disabled people use in exercising their gun rights.
“The AR-15, due to its ease of handling, low recoil, adjustable features and customizability, [...]
For Brett D. Hellerman, CEO of Wood Creek Capital Management LLC in New Haven, buying one of the most prominent independent record companies is a coup for several reasons, not least a partnership with one of Hollywood’s revered legends.
Wood Creek’s purchase of Concord Music Group, based in Beverly Hills, a deal announced [...]
Nearly half of all commuters admit to texting while driving even though 98 percent know it’s dangerous, a new poll sponsored by AT&T shows.
The 49 percent figure is higher than reported in other surveys. Worse, the AT&T poll, released Thursday, shows that 60 percent of commuters did not text while driving three years ago. [...]
Critics on the left as well as the right are panning the government’s proposed application forms for people seeking health insurance under the state exchanges, starting Oct. 1.
Too much work to fill out! Too Long! Too complicated! They said it would be as easy as buying something on Amazon!
Nonsense, nonsense, nonsense. Yes, the [...]
Who’s investing more heavily in their wireless network in Connecticut — AT&T or Verizon?
It’s a war. AT&T says it poured $750 million into networks in this state over the last three years, a rate that’s been consistent for several years. This includes “expansion of our super-fast 4G LTE network,” the company said.
“Just today, AT&T completed [...]
Not many of us can claim to be as emotionally invested in our work as Amy Webb.
The digital strategy consultant visited Hartford Monday to describe how her online search for a husband offers lessons to anyone looking for more effective use of databases, web sites and social media.
Webb found herself in her ’30s, [...]
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --
- Talking about suburban poverty and the college job market on #Fox CT with @LoganByrnes.
- #CongresswomanEsty: You have more GPS power in your cell phone than most airliners have.
- #CongresswomanEsty: Underinvestment in this country in infrastructure has had more impact in New England than any other region.'
- ESPN Layoffs Exceed 100, Sources Say; Company Vows Continued Growth
- For Nappier And Other Activists, Only A Moral Victory in Dimon Vote at JPMorgan Chase
- Report: Suburban Poverty Rises Sharply But CT Regions More Stable
- Homespun Advice from a Business Legend
- Westfarms’ JC Penney Closed Thursday Due to Water Damage, Will Reopen Friday
- Connecticut is Circling the Drain on ESPN Layoffs Exceed 100, Sources Say; Company Vows Continued Growth
- Connecticut is Circling the Drain on For Nappier And Other Activists, Only A Moral Victory in Dimon Vote at JPMorgan Chase
- Jack on ESPN Layoffs Exceed 100, Sources Say; Company Vows Continued Growth
- America Is Dying on ESPN Layoffs Exceed 100, Sources Say; Company Vows Continued Growth
- Joe on ESPN Layoffs Exceed 100, Sources Say; Company Vows Continued Growth
- Corporate finance
- Economic Development
- Financial Services
- Health Care
- Public finance
- Real Estate
- Small Business
- Wall Street
- Avon Factory Adding Workers
- American Athletic Source Says Mohegan Sun Recommended As Site For Women's Tournament
- For Nappier And Other Activists, Only A Moral Victory in Dimon Vote At JPMorgan Chase
- Greenwich Estate Has Highest Asking Price In The Country
- ESPN Laying Off Employees; Reports Say At Least 100 In Bristol
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --