Shareholder activists including state Treasurer Denise L. Nappier, who tried to force JPMorgan Chase Chairman and CEO Jamie Dimon to give up his chairman post, will have to be satisfied with a moral victory. Their bid fell short Tuesday at the company’s annual meeting.
Nappier, fiduciary of the $26 billion pension and trust funds, was [...]
The AFL-CIO launched its annual database of CEO pay Monday, showing the average 2012 pay of CEOs at companies on the Standard & Poor’s 500 index was $12.3?million, or 354 times more than the average American worker earned.
The average of those S&P 500 CEOs — the 327 companies that have filed for 2012 [...]
An already choppy recovery at The Phoenix Cos. has suffered a setback as the Hartford company said it will not file an annual report on time and will not meet the timetable it set last fall to restate financial statements from 2009 through the middle of 2012.
Phoenix said on Nov. 8 that it would [...]
General Electric CEO Jeffrey Immelt’s $25.8 million pay package in 2012, revealed late Monday, is on the high end but is odd for its lack of stocks and options, CNN/Money reports.
This would be an unusual development if it were to become a trend.
Options took off for CEOs after the tax reform act [...]
The private equity firm that owns Remington Arms, Marlin Firearms and Bushmaster, which made the gun used in the Newtown killings, is selling the businesses as a result of the outcry over weapons since Friday.
Those gun-makers and several others are part of a company called Freedom Group, which has become a dominant force in [...]
Among the thousands of events at the Legislative Office Building in Hartford, once in a while a gathering of experts congeals ideas in a way that reverberates for years.
That happened in June 1997, when a group of corporate executives and Michael E. Porter, a Harvard Business School expert on industry clusters, presented six [...]
Wireless Zone, the Middletown based franchiser of 421 Verizon-licensed cell phone retail locations, has been acquired by a Canadian company for $83.3 million.
The takeover gives Glentel Inc., which is publicly traded, 1,180 stores in Canada, the United States and Australia, under several names.
Wireless Zone, which was founded in Wethersfield in 1988 as The [...]
The SEC’s aggressive enforcement of insider trading laws continued Friday as a Westport advisory firm founder , I. Joseph Massoud, agreed to pay $1.4 million and exit the industry to settle charges he illegally made $676,000 based on information he received as a bidder for a financial firm.
Massoud, 44, and his firm, Compass Group [...]
Call it the fiscal cliff payoff: Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc., which already pays a substantial dividend, said it’s handing out $4.50 a share in a special dividend Dec. 21.
The Fairfield-based sporting firearms maker didn’t mention the tax hikes on dividends and capital gains that will come at the start of 2013 if [...]
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --
- Talking about suburban poverty and the college job market on #Fox CT with @LoganByrnes.
- #CongresswomanEsty: You have more GPS power in your cell phone than most airliners have.
- #CongresswomanEsty: Underinvestment in this country in infrastructure has had more impact in New England than any other region.'
- ESPN Layoffs Exceed 100, Sources Say; Company Vows Continued Growth
- For Nappier And Other Activists, Only A Moral Victory in Dimon Vote at JPMorgan Chase
- Report: Suburban Poverty Rises Sharply But CT Regions More Stable
- Homespun Advice from a Business Legend
- Westfarms’ JC Penney Closed Thursday Due to Water Damage, Will Reopen Friday
- pete on For Nappier And Other Activists, Only A Moral Victory in Dimon Vote at JPMorgan Chase
- Connecticut is Circling the Drain on ESPN Layoffs Exceed 100, Sources Say; Company Vows Continued Growth
- Connecticut is Circling the Drain on For Nappier And Other Activists, Only A Moral Victory in Dimon Vote at JPMorgan Chase
- Jack on ESPN Layoffs Exceed 100, Sources Say; Company Vows Continued Growth
- America Is Dying on ESPN Layoffs Exceed 100, Sources Say; Company Vows Continued Growth
- Corporate finance
- Economic Development
- Financial Services
- Health Care
- Public finance
- Real Estate
- Small Business
- Wall Street
- Stamford Overtakes Hartford After Years Of Population Gains
- Long-Term Unemployed Will Have Checks Sliced By Almost 20 Percent
- Forecast: Connecticut Job Base Will Barely Grow in 2013
- Cigna Sets Aside $77 Million In Long-Term-Disability Settlement With Regulators In Five States
- Phoenix Says Bondholders Consent To Delayed Financial Reports
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --