An already choppy recovery at The Phoenix Cos. has suffered a setback as the Hartford company said it will not file an annual report on time and will not meet the timetable it set last fall to restate financial statements from 2009 through the middle of 2012.
Phoenix said on Nov. 8 that it would [...]
If you own a Prius, you love those fuel efficiency numbers. Here’s another amazing Prius statistic: Since the first Prius was stolen on Sept. 4, 2000, just 80 of the Toyota hybrids have not been recovered.
And that’s out of 1.2 million sold, according to the National Insurance Crime Bureau in a report Wednesday.
As the cleanup and repowering winds down for storm Sandy, we will look at the economic effects in some detail. The CliffsNotes version: A significant economic event, but not huge. And not a big mover of the gross domestic product up or down, as there were winners and losers, but the overall picture is roughly [...]
There’s been speculation for years that a health insurer would join the Dow Jones Industrial Average, and UnitedHealth Group has beaten Aetna to the punch.
UnitedHealth started trading Monday in place of Kraft Foods, which will spin off its U.S. grocery business and change its name to Mondelez International Inc. next week.
Having Aetna on [...]
Good news for employees of The Hartford who are moving to other companies in business unit sales: The Hartford’s top executive says he believes MassMutual and Forethought, two of the buyers, will offer jobs to virtually all of the workers — and keep them in the Hartford / Springfield area.
That’s the word from Liam [...]
When The Hartford sells its retirement plans business to MassMutual for $400 million, the news for employees could be grim.
The hope was that a company not already in the 401(k) business would want to get into it — preferably an outfit from far away that didn’t already have a base of people in [...]
At the first whiff of a claim by Trayvon Martin’s mother against the homeowners association of her condo, Travelers headed to court to head off any possible liability.
Travelers sold a policy a month after Martin’s shooting by George Zimmerman, according to news reports. The insurer also says its coverage does not include, among [...]
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --
- Talking about suburban poverty and the college job market on #Fox CT with @LoganByrnes.
- #CongresswomanEsty: You have more GPS power in your cell phone than most airliners have.
- #CongresswomanEsty: Underinvestment in this country in infrastructure has had more impact in New England than any other region.'
- Another Nonsense Business-Friendly Ranking, And Good News For Grads
- ESPN Layoffs Exceed 100, Sources Say; Company Vows Continued Growth
- For Nappier And Other Activists, Only A Moral Victory in Dimon Vote at JPMorgan Chase
- Report: Suburban Poverty Rises Sharply But CT Regions More Stable
- Homespun Advice from a Business Legend
- you are clueless on Another Nonsense Business-Friendly Ranking, And Good News For Grads
- Quinte West on ESPN Layoffs Exceed 100, Sources Say; Company Vows Continued Growth
- Quinte West on Another Nonsense Business-Friendly Ranking, And Good News For Grads
- jkeving on Another Nonsense Business-Friendly Ranking, And Good News For Grads
- Mike Steven on Nappier Joins Investor Action Over Caterpillar in Sudan
- Corporate finance
- Economic Development
- Financial Services
- Health Care
- Public finance
- Real Estate
- Small Business
- Wall Street
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --