Five weeks after Gov. Dannel P. Malloy signed a gun control law outlawing any retail sales for the entire product line of Stag Arms, the maker of military-style rifles unveiled a new design Thursday that its owner said will not be subject to the Connecticut ban.
From the outside, the new firearm looks identical to [...]
Does your boss have it out for you? Maybe your supervisor thinks you can do no wrong. Either way, you might think the annual job evaluation is a waste of time, with check-boxes that make no sense and comments that seem off the wall.
Now you have facts to back up your grousing. At Southern [...]
During the three-month debate over gun control in Connecticut, the name PTR Industries Inc. barely came up, but the Bristol manufacturer with 50 employees has become the first maker of military-style rifles to announce its exit from Connecticut since the state adopted a strict ban on sales last week.
“Although PTR has not decided [...]
Connecticut’s hospital chief executives have come out fighting against Gov. Dannel P. Malloy’s proposed budget, warning of layoffs and other dire consequences if the state’s payments and reimbursements don’t keep up with added needs.
The hospital heads, in an open letter to lawmakers, said the Malloy budget over the next two years, starting July 1, [...]
You’d expect the 175-year-old gun manufacturer that invented mass production to pull off an orderly trip to the state Capitol and that’s exactly what Colt’s Manufacturing Co. did on Thursday, as 550 employees left a clear message, then returned to work.
“Save our jobs.”
They piled into ten full-size luxury buses, mostly from the Constitution [...]
Edible Arrangements updated its Wallingford headquarters headcount on Tuesday and the news is good. The franchiser has added 54 jobs since the start of 2012 and is adding another 75 this year, bringing the total to more than 225.
“The growth is needed to support its rapidly expanding franchise network of more than 1,100 franchise [...]
The U.S. labor markets turned in one of the best monthly performances of the last 12 months in February, adding 236,000 jobs and paring the unemployment rate to 7.7 percent in a report Friday that heightens concerns about the divide between a sluggish state recovery and rising momentum across the nation.
The national gains, [...]
The divide between Connecticut’s gun manufacturers and Gov. Dannel P. Malloy would seem too wide to bridge, but after a cordial meeting, both sides are showing some optimism.
The meeting happened Monday between Malloy’s policy staff, including Mike Lawlor, the administration’s criminal justice chief, and a group of executives and owners from Colt’s Manufacturing Co., [...]
Connecticut’s firearms manufacturers dramatically stepped up their campaign against proposals to ban guns Monday with a 25-minute video featuring three company executives and a dozen of their employees talking about their roots in the state, and the devastation a ban would bring.
The video, issued by the Newtown-based National Shooting Sports Foundation, was in [...]
The year’s first hearing on Connecticut’s minimum wage is happening at the state Capitol Thursday afternoon, and the battle lines are unchanged from 2012, with a twist.
Again this year, advocates — led by Connecticut Working Families, which rolled out its coalition before the hearing — are pushing for more than they will get. The [...]
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --
- #CongresswomanEsty: You have more GPS power in your cell phone than most airliners have.
- #CongresswomanEsty: Underinvestment in this country in infrastructure has had more impact in New England than any other region.'
- #CongressmanJoeCourtney at Hartford forum: Base closing commission won't happen...it looks like the F-35 in CT is in good shape.
- Homespun Advice from a Business Legend
- Westfarms’ JC Penney Closed Thursday Due to Water Damage, Will Reopen Friday
- Nappier Joins Investor Action Over Caterpillar in Sudan
- AT&T, Communications Union Reach Deal for 3,200 Connecticut Workers
- The Highest Paying Public Job In Every State (Hint: Go Team!)
- Andrew on Stag Arms Owner Unveils Modified Rifles That May Be Legal In CT
- one little on Nappier Joins Investor Action Over Caterpillar in Sudan
- John Steel on Nappier Joins Investor Action Over Caterpillar in Sudan
- CJH on Stag Arms Owner Unveils Modified Rifles That May Be Legal In CT
- Ant on AT&T, Communications Union Reach Deal for 3,200 Connecticut Workers
- Corporate finance
- Economic Development
- Financial Services
- Health Care
- Public finance
- Real Estate
- Small Business
- Wall Street
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --