Texas Governor Rick Perry might not have been able to name three federal agencies he’d close, but he has his sights attracting on at least that many Connecticut gun manufacturers and he used the NRA convention in Houston over the last four days to make his best pitch.
Along with his famous charm, Perry had [...]
No one should be surprised that Sturm, Ruger & Co. reported record sales for the first three months of 2013. Even before the Newtown tragedy, in early 2012, the Fairfield-based gunmaker had to halt new sales for a few weeks just to keep up with the crush of orders.
Now Sturm, Ruger — which [...]
So much has happened since April 4 that it seems like more than four weeks since Gov. Dannel P. Malloy signed the strict gun control bill into law. We had the showdown on background checks in the U.S. Senate, and of course, the Boston Marathon bombings.
One thing that hasn’t happened — and won’t happen [...]
As Mark Malkowski watched Gov. Dannel P. Malloy sign the gun control bill into law on April 4, he sat in his office with three military-style rifles.
Nothing unusual there, since Malkowski’s New Britain company, Stag Arms, makes the AR-15-style guns. But one of the black weapons was a bit different – it had a [...]
During the three-month debate over gun control in Connecticut, the name PTR Industries Inc. barely came up, but the Bristol manufacturer with 50 employees has become the first maker of military-style rifles to announce its exit from Connecticut since the state adopted a strict ban on sales last week.
“Although PTR has not decided [...]
Labor unions might not be as thrilled with Obama this week as they usually are, as two areas of friction emerged ahead of the president’s visit to West Hartford.
The first is the gun control issue that’s attracting Obama to Connecticut in the first place. As it happens, the United Auto Workers union has 489 [...]
An Oregon company that makes Colt AR-15 rifles for Colt’s Manufacturing Co. is opening a factory in Breckenridge, Texas, expanding the iconic brand to a state that has aggressively courted Connecticut firearms makers.
The company, in Canby, Oregon, does business as Colt Competition and is part of Bold Ideas Inc., which licenses the Colt [...]
Workers at Stag Arms in New Britain have been in a rush to finish orders and ship to Connecticut stores for customers to buy before Gov. Dannel P. Malloy signs the historic gun control law at noon.
Stag was able to ship more than 500 of the soon-to-be banned rifles Thursday morning, after sending out [...]
Stag Arms, the New Britain maker of military-style rifles, is scheduled to deliver 13 specially made firearms to a gun shop Friday for pick-up by Newtown police officers.
Will the sale be legal if the legislature adopts the gun control agreement that’s due for a vote Wednesday, and Gov. Dannel P. Malloy signs it into [...]
You’d expect the 175-year-old gun manufacturer that invented mass production to pull off an orderly trip to the state Capitol and that’s exactly what Colt’s Manufacturing Co. did on Thursday, as 550 employees left a clear message, then returned to work.
“Save our jobs.”
They piled into ten full-size luxury buses, mostly from the Constitution [...]
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --
- #CongresswomanEsty: You have more GPS power in your cell phone than most airliners have.
- #CongresswomanEsty: Underinvestment in this country in infrastructure has had more impact in New England than any other region.'
- #CongressmanJoeCourtney at Hartford forum: Base closing commission won't happen...it looks like the F-35 in CT is in good shape.
- Homespun Advice from a Business Legend
- Westfarms’ JC Penney Closed Thursday Due to Water Damage, Will Reopen Friday
- Nappier Joins Investor Action Over Caterpillar in Sudan
- AT&T, Communications Union Reach Deal for 3,200 Connecticut Workers
- The Highest Paying Public Job In Every State (Hint: Go Team!)
- Andrew on Stag Arms Owner Unveils Modified Rifles That May Be Legal In CT
- one little on Nappier Joins Investor Action Over Caterpillar in Sudan
- John Steel on Nappier Joins Investor Action Over Caterpillar in Sudan
- CJH on Stag Arms Owner Unveils Modified Rifles That May Be Legal In CT
- Ant on AT&T, Communications Union Reach Deal for 3,200 Connecticut Workers
- Corporate finance
- Economic Development
- Financial Services
- Health Care
- Public finance
- Real Estate
- Small Business
- Wall Street
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --