It took thirteen months since the last contract expired, but local 1298 of the Communications Workers of America has reached a 4-year deal with AT&T giving raises totaling nearly 11 percent to 3,200 wireline and customer service workers in Connecticut.
Money was less important than job security to many in the union, at a time [...]
Higher One, the New Haven-based educational financial services firm, has acquired the Campus Solutions business of Sallie Mae in a $47.25 million deal that boosts the company’s offerings to schools and students.
Saturday is the biggest day of the year in horse racing and despite the efforts of the firm that runs the state’s 15 off-track betting locations, Connecticut residents will not have access to the long-awaited online system for placing bets.
Sportech, the British firm that runs the OTB locations, branded as Winners, won state [...]
When it comes to family-friendly corporate policies, Yahoo CEO Marissa Meyer is all over the lot. Last year she ordered most work-at-home employees back to the office, but on Tuesday she extended paid maternity and paternity leave to 16 weeks for mothers, 8 weeks for fathers.
CNNMoney sorts it out by saying Mayer, a [...]
It’s clear that cities are moving headlong into not just widespread video surveillance, but also some very sophisticated forms of monitoring and artificial intelligence to manage all those images, as I wrote in a column Monday. The Boston Marathon bombings displayed some of that, and will certainly speed it up.
Does anyone see a [...]
After nearly ten years as president and CEO of the Connecticut Technology Council, Matthew Nemerson is pursuing a new goal: The mayor’s office in New Haven.
Nemerson, 57, is a former head of the chamber of commerce in New Haven and also co-founded Science Park, the technology development in the Elm City. He’s also active [...]
As Mark Malkowski watched Gov. Dannel P. Malloy sign the gun control bill into law on April 4, he sat in his office with three military-style rifles.
Nothing unusual there, since Malkowski’s New Britain company, Stag Arms, makes the AR-15-style guns. But one of the black weapons was a bit different – it had a [...]
Nearly half of all commuters admit to texting while driving even though 98 percent know it’s dangerous, a new poll sponsored by AT&T shows.
The 49 percent figure is higher than reported in other surveys. Worse, the AT&T poll, released Thursday, shows that 60 percent of commuters did not text while driving three years ago. [...]
Before the AR-15 rifle came to Colt Firearms, before it became the M-16, before anyone even dreamed it would become America’s most popular gun, David E.A. Carson was there.
Carson, a Hartford resident and the retired CEO of People’s United Bank, played a key role in the first testing of the first-ever models of the [...]
Who’s investing more heavily in their wireless network in Connecticut — AT&T or Verizon?
It’s a war. AT&T says it poured $750 million into networks in this state over the last three years, a rate that’s been consistent for several years. This includes “expansion of our super-fast 4G LTE network,” the company said.
“Just today, AT&T completed [...]
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --
- #CongresswomanEsty: You have more GPS power in your cell phone than most airliners have.
- #CongresswomanEsty: Underinvestment in this country in infrastructure has had more impact in New England than any other region.'
- #CongressmanJoeCourtney at Hartford forum: Base closing commission won't happen...it looks like the F-35 in CT is in good shape.
- Homespun Advice from a Business Legend
- Westfarms’ JC Penney Closed Thursday Due to Water Damage, Will Reopen Friday
- Nappier Joins Investor Action Over Caterpillar in Sudan
- AT&T, Communications Union Reach Deal for 3,200 Connecticut Workers
- The Highest Paying Public Job In Every State (Hint: Go Team!)
- Andrew on Stag Arms Owner Unveils Modified Rifles That May Be Legal In CT
- one little on Nappier Joins Investor Action Over Caterpillar in Sudan
- John Steel on Nappier Joins Investor Action Over Caterpillar in Sudan
- CJH on Stag Arms Owner Unveils Modified Rifles That May Be Legal In CT
- Ant on AT&T, Communications Union Reach Deal for 3,200 Connecticut Workers
- Corporate finance
- Economic Development
- Financial Services
- Health Care
- Public finance
- Real Estate
- Small Business
- Wall Street
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --