So much has happened since April 4 that it seems like more than four weeks since Gov. Dannel P. Malloy signed the strict gun control bill into law. We had the showdown on background checks in the U.S. Senate, and of course, the Boston Marathon bombings.
One thing that hasn’t happened — and won’t happen [...]
Rolf Biekert, president and CEO of Trumpf USA Inc. in Farmington, has been named honorary German consul general for Connecticut — a post that’s not just ceremonial.
As an honorary consul general, Biekert can’t perform official diplomatic functions such as issuing visas, but he is, in effect, the Federal Republic of Germany’s representative in [...]
Did anyone think the governor would land in China, shake some hands, talk up Connecticut’s nice products, exchange gifts and come home?
Not Gov. Dannel P. Malloy. Midway through leading a small delegation of economic development officials to the world’s largest nation, Malloy is certainly doing those things, but he’s also pushing hard for Chinese [...]
You’ve got to admire a guy who can describe different global trade missions as Hollywood movies — one funny, the other a cliffhanger.
On his way to China with Gov. Malloy and others, I asked Matthew Nemerson, CEO of the Connecticut Technology Council, to compare this trip with the one headed by Gov. Bill O’Neill, [...]
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --
- Talking about suburban poverty and the college job market on #Fox CT with @LoganByrnes.
- #CongresswomanEsty: You have more GPS power in your cell phone than most airliners have.
- #CongresswomanEsty: Underinvestment in this country in infrastructure has had more impact in New England than any other region.'
- Another Nonsense Business-Friendly Ranking, And Good News For Grads
- ESPN Layoffs Exceed 100, Sources Say; Company Vows Continued Growth
- For Nappier And Other Activists, Only A Moral Victory in Dimon Vote at JPMorgan Chase
- Report: Suburban Poverty Rises Sharply But CT Regions More Stable
- Homespun Advice from a Business Legend
- you are clueless on Another Nonsense Business-Friendly Ranking, And Good News For Grads
- Quinte West on ESPN Layoffs Exceed 100, Sources Say; Company Vows Continued Growth
- Quinte West on Another Nonsense Business-Friendly Ranking, And Good News For Grads
- jkeving on Another Nonsense Business-Friendly Ranking, And Good News For Grads
- Mike Steven on Nappier Joins Investor Action Over Caterpillar in Sudan
- Corporate finance
- Economic Development
- Financial Services
- Health Care
- Public finance
- Real Estate
- Small Business
- Wall Street
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --