If you were a government official, how far would you go to push back against a law you disagreed with?
Would you openly defy the law?
Would you be willing to violate your oath of office?
Would you go so far as to badger those who favored enforcement of the law?
Until today, those questions [...]
The Society of Professional Journalists has stepped into the debate over concealing portions of the investigative report into the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, sending a letter to Gov. Dannel P. Malloy denouncing a secretly drafted bill that would block public access to crime-scene photographs, 911 recordings and death certificates related [...]
During the budget battles in Washington in the spring of 2011, a liberal group produced an ad featuring an elderly woman in a wheelchair being pushed through a park by a man in a suit and tie, while America the Beautiful plays in the background and words on the screen tout the Medicare [...]
When political candidates find themselves in hot water, they occasionally retreat to bunker mode, declining to talk about the controversy any further and wagering that silence will ultimately make the story run its course sooner. That, of course, provides a big opening to opponents to hammer away with questions about the politician’s conduct and [...]
Every one of the state’s judges, it can be fairly presumed, heartily opposes drunken driving. So may a judge with a especially strong record on the issue accept an award from Mothers Against Drunk Driving?
That question fell to the state Committee on Judicial Ethics after a judge was invited by MADD to receive an [...]
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --
- In the Newtown Clerk’s Office, a Dishonorable End to Six Months of Lawlessness
- From 42 Years Ago, A Supreme Court Justice’s Take on Secrecy, Leaks and National Security
- Doctor Facing Sexual Assault Charges Prescribed Large Number of Narcotic Painkillers
- Society of Professional Journalists Blasts Newtown Secrecy Bill
- ‘Conspiracy Nuts’ Relish Sandy Hook Secrecy Bill
- Fred Young on Doctor Facing Sexual Assault Charges Prescribed Large Number of Narcotic Painkillers
- Jason Jaddica on ‘Conspiracy Nuts’ Relish Sandy Hook Secrecy Bill
- Charlie Steinberg on ‘Conspiracy Nuts’ Relish Sandy Hook Secrecy Bill
- Lori Price on ‘Conspiracy Nuts’ Relish Sandy Hook Secrecy Bill
- saskwatch on The Curious Logic of State Rep. Mitch Bolinsky
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --