U.S. consumers horrified by the tragic building collapse in Bangladesh might want to check the manufacturer’s label on the clothing they’re wearing; data show the compact nation is now the fourth-largest source of apparel imported into the U.S., delivering $4.5 billion a year in goods.
That’s more than double the amount imported from Bangladesh a [...]
Gov. Dannel Malloy’s proposal to increase the minimum wage in Connecticut to $9 an hour over the next two years predictably has brought strong reactions from those who find it a boost for the working poor that will energize retail sales and those who see it as a jobs killer that will hurt [...]
Politicians of all stripes are debating whether the nation can afford another increase in the federal minimum wage, which has been boosted more than a dozen times in the last 45 years and is currently set at $7.25 an hour. But according to some number-crunching by Remapping Debate, a data-driven public policy outfit, the [...]
In court battles, there are the legal skirmishes, and then there are the somewhat extra-judicial appeals to emotion and senses of fair play. Lawyers for New Haven — headed to court tomorrow for Round 2 in their efforts to boot the Occupy New Haven protesters off the Green — are trying both approaches.
Fairfield County is the most Internet-connected metropolitan area in the nation, according to an analysis by the Investigative Reporting Workshop at American University. But a closer look at the broadband map reveals the depth of the digital divide.
Among the 100 largest regions in the country, the census-designated Bridgeport-Stamford-Norwalk metropolitan statistical area – which includes [...]
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --
- In the Newtown Clerk’s Office, a Dishonorable End to Six Months of Lawlessness
- From 42 Years Ago, A Supreme Court Justice’s Take on Secrecy, Leaks and National Security
- Doctor Facing Sexual Assault Charges Prescribed Large Number of Narcotic Painkillers
- Society of Professional Journalists Blasts Newtown Secrecy Bill
- ‘Conspiracy Nuts’ Relish Sandy Hook Secrecy Bill
- Fred Young on Doctor Facing Sexual Assault Charges Prescribed Large Number of Narcotic Painkillers
- Jason Jaddica on ‘Conspiracy Nuts’ Relish Sandy Hook Secrecy Bill
- Charlie Steinberg on ‘Conspiracy Nuts’ Relish Sandy Hook Secrecy Bill
- Lori Price on ‘Conspiracy Nuts’ Relish Sandy Hook Secrecy Bill
- saskwatch on The Curious Logic of State Rep. Mitch Bolinsky
- -- ADVERTISEMENT --