On a perfect autumn afternoon with temperatures in the 70’s, the Rocky Hill girls soccer team beat EO Smith, 4-2 in Storrs.
- Alert to the arrival of her car, seagulls flock for a buffet of cheezy popcorn courtesy of Rocky Hill resident Marian Lazzeri Thursday afternoon. Lazzeri brings the popcorn, her favorite, to the Rocky Hill boat launch to feed the birds every day. MICHAEL McANDREWS | email@example.com
- Renata Wawszkiewicz, of Bristol, shows her daughter, Olivia, 2, a shell she found on the beach while holding Olivia's little sister, Kamila, 7 months, at Hammonasset Beach State Park Wednesday. The Wawszkiewiczes stopped at the beach to get some fresh air after going to a doctors appointment nearby. "I've been coming here since I was a kid and we camp here every summer," said Wawszkiewicz. "I just love the beach." CLOE POISSONfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Connecticut Huskies guard/forward Napheesa Collier (24) is stretches to the limit for a pass as UCF Knights forward Nyala Shuler (12) puts an arm into her back during the second half at the XL Center in Hartford Wednesday night in Hartford. Collier scored 14 points and grabbed 7 rebounds in a 101-51 victory. Photo by JOHN WOIKE | email@example.com
- Waterbury town employee Scott Monaghan uses a backpack leaf blower to clear snow from this weekends storm off the Wigwam Dam in Thomaston Monday morning. The Litchfield Hills were spared the brunt of this Winter storm as the path mostly affected to shoreline with flooding and high snow fall totals. Photo by JOHN WOIKE | firstname.lastname@example.org
- "It's all in the steering," says Nosson Rich who toboggans down the popular sledding hill at Elizabeth Park in Hartford on Monday afternoon with his sons Menachen Rich, 6, and Avraham, 2, (obcured by Menachen. Rich says he shoveled snow for four hours yesterday at their home in Teaneck, New Jersey before driving to Connecticut to visit family. PATRICK RAYCRAFT | email@example.com