A candlelight vigil at Milner School in Hartford was held Thursday night after Shantay Drake, 4, perished in a Bedford Street fire this week. Her mother, Susan Therrien, died this morning from injuries she had from the fire.
Amelia Davis, right, who lived on the second floor of the Bedford Street apartment where two perished in a fire this week, and who escaped unharmed, pauses after placing a candle at a memorial at Milner School after a candlelight held Thursday night. Her sister, Demetria Davis, who did not live at the apartment, is at left. Shantay Drake, 4, perished in the fire. Her mother, Susan Therrien, died this morning from injuries she had from the fire.