For your viewing pleasure – and knowledge – the media policies as they pertain to spring practice…check it out.
UConn Athletic Communications —March 1, 2012 –Spring Football Media Plans
STORRS, Conn. (March 1, 2012) – The University of Connecticut football team will begin spring practice on Tuesday, March 20.
Here are some media procedures for spring practice:
*The team will practice each Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from March 20 to the spring game on Saturday, April 21 at 1:00 p.m. at Rentschler Field. The other 14 practices will all take place in Storrs in the Mark R. Shenkman Training Center.
* The Tuesday and Saturday practices will be open to the media. Players and coaches will be available following practice.
* All Tuesday practices (March 20 and 27, April 3, 10, and 17) will begin at 3:00 p.m. and end at approximately 5:30 p.m.
* The Saturday practices on March 24 and April 7 and 14 will begin at 10:15 a.m. and end at approximately 12:50 p.m. The Saturday practice on March 31 will be in conjunction with UConn’s Annual Coaches Clinic and will start at 1:00 p.m. and end approximately 3:00 p.m.
* Video photography will be allowed while the team comes out and does special teams practices; the first half will be open for video. Print photographers are also encouraged to accomplish their needs during this time as well.
* There is no live social media posting during practice – Twitter, Facebook, live blogging, etc
* A reminder that the UConn Pro Scout Day is Wednesday, March 28 with weigh-ins starting at 1:30 p.m. and timing and testing at 2:00 p.m. This event is open to the media.
* The annual BIG EAST Conference Media Days will once again be held in Newport, R.I. on Monday and Tuesday, July 30-31.