What’s goin on?
More info in the release from the group..
More often than not, college football players are remembered for their accomplishments on the field and are rarely recognized for their achievements outside the gridiron. Through the Allstate AFCA Good Works Team®,Allstate and the American Football Coaches Association (AFCA) recognize a select group of college football players who have made a commitment to enriching the lives of others while contributing to the greater good of their communities.
To help shine a light on these remarkable ‘good works,’ Allstate and the AFCA are honored to announce Cochran as a nominee for the 2014 Allstate AFCA Good Works Team®, who boasts an impressive resume of community service accomplishments, including:
- Representing the football team on the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee, which oversees community service events for the university
- Volunteering as a coach in the Monroe Lions Youth Football Program
- Participating in The Goal Line Project by regularly visiting local elementary schools
Additionally, Yale offensive lineman Will Chism boasts an impressive resume of community service accomplishments, including:
- Volunteering with Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Assisting with the Mandi Schwartz Bone Marrow Drive
- Spending his summers volunteering with the Elmseed Enterprise Fund to whose mission is to create successful business in New Haven by providing start-up capital business training technical assistance and a network of peer support
From this year’s record number of 182 nominees, a final roster of 22 award recipients – comprised of 11 players from the NCAA Football Bowl Subdivision and 11 players from the NCAA Football Championship Subdivision, Divisions II, III and the NAIA – will be unveiled in September.
Past members of the Allstate AFCA Good Works Team® include Super Bowl champion quarterbacks, Peyton and Eli Manning and Heisman Trophy winners Robert Griffin III and Tim Tebow.